• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj claim form from wright Hassall re hospital parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj claim form from wright Hassall re hospital parking

Hi, I have been browsing the forum trying to find the answer to my question, but cannot find it.

I am a nurse who works at a hospital, I have recently received a ccj claim form. It states that "the claimants claim is for multiple parking charges issued to vehicle when parked at the locations specified in the detailed particulars of claim the sites. The sites are managed by indigo park services. The defendant is the keeper or driver named by keeper I accordance with schedule 4 of the protection of freedom act 2012. Parking at the site is subject to parking restrictions and terms and conditions set out on signs at the site, which form part of a contract between driver or keeper. The defendant had breached these terms and conditions and the claimant claims damages and interest accordingly. Detailed claim particulars to follow.I will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form".
    I have received many parking charges at the hospital due to parking in car parks on the hospital site, which are not allocated to my permit and for at times not paying for parking.
    I am debating wether I should try and defend the case or simply just pay up as I do not want a ccj recorded against me. However I am unclear on what grounds I could defend this. The trust that I work for has 2 hospitals, the 1st-parking is free. The 2nd, parking is managed by Indigo parking and is charged. My issue with paying for parking is why should staff have to pay in one hospital and not another. This seems unfair and discriminatory to me. Would I be able to defend the case on this grounds?
    Sorry for the length of the post
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Ccj claim form from wright Hassall re hospital parking

Not on those grounds, no.

Can you sanitise and post up the claim form, pcn(s), appeals, signs etc

M1

Comment

Hi,
      I will take pics of the signs today and will post the other details along with it.
      Thanks

Comment

Here are the relevant docs, please note that the PCN is not the actual one issued for this claim, it is merely an example.
        Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

I removed them as you left the password on the claim form. The particulars aren't easy to read either.

M1

Comment

Sorry about that, I will try again. Also of note is that there are a few other staff in the hospital who have received the same claim form, for exactly the same amount.
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you put up a readable copy of the particulars of claim ?

M1

Comment

Hope this is better!

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Much better.

Wait for the particulars of claim or 14 days which ever comes 1st.

Also i note http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/he...being-12140891

M1

Comment

Hi,
                    What happens if they do not send particulars of the claim within the 14 days. I note it was issued on the 1st Nov, so does that mean I have got until 19th to respond.
                    Sorry for the photo issues

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

Comment

Then you make enquiries to find out why. (I.e. phone them up and ask where they are)

Your deadline is from when you get the particulars of claim.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part09

(1) This Part sets out how a defendant may respond to particulars of claim.
                      (2) Where the defendant receives a claim form which states that particulars of claim are to follow, he need not respond to the claim until the particulars of claim have been served on him.

M1

Comment

Thanks for this :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Hi,
                          I have received the particulars of claim today, I have attached them to the post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

It's because they are .tif files you can't open them I guess - I can view them in Windows Photo Viewer.
                            I'll get them to png's.
                            Attached Files
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

File acknowledgement of service.

A better, more readable, picture of the sign would be good too.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X