• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - Parking eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ - Parking eye

Hi

I applied for a mortgage about a month ago which was denied. Upon checking my credit file i discovered i had a CCJ, further investigation showed this was received from Parking eye. I have lived at the same address for 10 years and i never received any letters regarding this. The first i knew about it was when i try to obtain a new mortgage.
    I have spoken with parking eye only to be told to contact their enforcement team via email and they will respond within 10 days. i sent them email and advised i would pay the parking fine if they gave consent for this to be set aside (i did not accept liability within these emails). They finally responded after 14 working days and have refused but directed me to the N244 form.

Has anyone got any advice regarding these? I am unsure of what to do? do i just pay it and show it as satisfied or try and get it removed?

any help greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ - Parking eye

You need to deal with it quickly.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...et-aside-a-CCJ is a great and helpful read.

do i just pay it and show it as satisfied or try and get it removed?
    If it's over 28 days since it happened then a satisfied judgement will probably be detrimental to the mortgage.

1st thing i'd do is fathom out which address was used to send th court papers to. Both PE and the court should know this although the court will probably be of more help.

M1

Comment

I have spoken to both parking eye and the court. Parking eye advised they sent two letters to my address and the court confirmed they sent a letter but could not confirm the date it was sent. When I enquired why I was told all mail is outsourced to a third party and there has been some issues.

I am currently filling out the N244 form. Can you confirm do I need to include a draft defence and a draft order with this form??

Thank you

Comment

Draft order, yes. Draft defence is also best but difficult if you have no idea about the case !

Did you read that thread ?

M1

Comment

Yes I did, thank you it was helpful. When I found out about the CCJ I contacted Aldi as it was at there car park. They have sent me an email saying they would have been able to resolve this easily if I had made them aware before it went to the CCJ stage.
          Would it be beneficial to include this as part of the draft defence.

Thanks
          Michelle

Comment

Yes. The contract between PE and Aldi may have a clause in it allowing cancellation. It'll probably be redacted if you ever see it though.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X