• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sainsburys parking court claim.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sainsburys parking court claim.

Hello Mystery1 (Paul/Dave),

My wife has also received a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones Solicitors for parking outside Sainsbury's in Brentford 'Outside of marked bay' - two incidents from 1st and 3rd October, 2015. This parking bay is 5 metres away from the Cybertots parking spaces, hence the post and interest in Paul/Dave's progress. The Letter Before Claim follows previous letters from PCM, then DRP, dating back to 2015, all of which we have ignored.

There is no regular parking fee in this area. PCM's claim is simply that parking outside the bay is sufficient for them to pursue my wife for £150 for each of the two incidents (the DRP letters listed £160 for each incident and the original PCM letter, £100 each). Regardless of the signage, would a reasonable defense be that there has been no material loss and therefore the claim is excessive? I'm thinking about the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

Thanks for any views.

Moved from http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...adstones-court
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim Form / PCM (UK) Ltd / Brentford Sainsburys - HELP!

With a bit of luck they will make the same Cock up of the court pleadings as they did in my case. Other than that I have no idea about the law .. I can tell you though that it was highly likely that PCM didn't issue a ticket .. it was probably the landowner who did it then informed PCM

Comment

Re: Court Claim Form / PCM (UK) Ltd / Brentford Sainsburys - HELP!

As Dave said,hopefully they'll make a similar cock up to the one they made on his case. Personally, I'm still waiting to hear back following the notification of the change of court venue, to see whether the Brentford judge will throw it out, whether Gladstones decide to send anyone down from wherever they're based if it does go to court...

Comment

Re: Sainsburys parking court claim.

It's not a cock up, it's a deliberate act to save money in the hope the threat of court makes many pay and the hope that some judges will let them away with it.

Have you contacted Sainsburys management and/or social media ? Have you replied as per the thread you posted on ?

M1

Comment

Re: Sainsburys parking court claim.

OK. So after a few weeks of nothing, we received a letter from Brentford Court this morning informing the claimant that they have until 31 October to a 'fully particularised amended Particulars of Claim' and we have until 14 November to 'if so advised, file and serve on an amended fully Particularised Defence'

What do I do now please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X