• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CEL County Court Claim Form - Advice Please - Proof of Authorised Visit Available!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEL County Court Claim Form - Advice Please - Proof of Authorised Visit Available!

In March 2015 I attended a 90 minute conference at a Hotel, using their car park which I now know is managed by CEL Ltd and covered by ANPR.
    Upon entering the hotel I entered my registration into an I-pad type device.
    Some weeks later I received a Parking Charge Notice in respect of this visit for £100.
    In this case I thought no problem, I was a legitimate visitor and so obtained written proof of that and wrote to CEL Ltd. They wrote back rejecting my appeal, citing "..severe problems with unauthorised parking..." and vehicles parking for long periods of time.
    I took no further action, until January of this year when they wrote out of the blue giving me 14 days to pay the increased fee of £140 or the matter would be taken to court.
    I wrote to CEL raising a number of questions and reminding them that I was neither a person parking without authority or for a long period of time. I asked for an explanation of how the fee had increased and what correspondence they claimed they had sent me (there was none). They have not responded to this, but I now have the County Court Claim Form but no Particulars of Claim form provided to date.

I know there is a lot of information on this and other sites. However, I guess I cannot see the wood for the trees! I accept being the driver, but can provide clear point that I was an authorised visitor to the hotel at the material time. The only thing that has gone wrong is either my inability to type and save my vehicle registration or a failure of their technology. I also asked if I had inadvertantly put in the registration of my 2nd vehicle which they have not answered.

I am therefore trusting that The County Court will, in the fullness of time, agree that CEL's demand (currently it stands at £226) is not about dealing with persons misusing this particular car-park but is simply a mercenary and unethical attempt to extract money from me.

Am I in a position to ask for a download of all vehicles registered during the relevant time? I know I used the damn I-pad, so as I say I have either mistyped, used my 2nd vehicle registration, forgotten to save or there has been a technical issue.

Any advice about what I should put in my Defence should CEL Ltd provide full Particulars of Claim?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: CEL County Court Claim Form - Advice Please - Proof of Authorised Visit Available

Speak to the hotel manager.

Post up the paperwork, suitably sanitised.

M1

Comment

Re: CEL County Court Claim Form - Advice Please - Proof of Authorised Visit Available

Thanks M1, but I've tried that, the hotel are quite dismissive and push all responsibility for their car park onto CEL. I've already provided written proof of my attendance at a conference to CEL, who don't want to know!

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Comment

Shame them on tripadvisor.

Still waiting on the paperwork

M1

Comment

Sorry for slow reply M1!

PDF attached of the documents that CEL have sent me. As I said previously, I have written proof from the organisation hosting the conference at the Hotel of my attendance, and from the hotel confirming they hosted said conference!

Thanks for your help
          Attached Files

Comment

stevohammers69defence.odt

Edit to suit.

M1

Comment

M1,

Thanks very much for your time and assistance with this.

It is much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X