• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Judgement From 2 Years Ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Judgement From 2 Years Ago

Hi all

Upon checking my credit file recently I have found a CCJ on there which I never knew about.

I wrote to Northampton Courts to find out what this is and it was from Parc Llandudno Parking Eye. My wife works at Next which is based there. I can't be 100% and doubt very much that she would have left the car there while at work as she knows that there would be a parking charge. Also as we only had one car then I would have dropped her off at work and picked her back up later.

What can I do to solve this?
    Th
    anks

Craig
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Judgement From 2 Years Ago

Assuming you did not know about this then it appears you were not served the court papers and so the court MUST set it aside.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part13

Cases where the court must set aside judgment entered under Part 12
    13.2 The court must set aside(GL) a judgment entered under Part 12 if judgment was wrongly entered because–
    (a) in the case of a judgment in default of an acknowledgment of service, any of the conditions in rule 12.3(1) and 12.3(3) was not satisfied;
    (b) in the case of a judgment in default of a defence, any of the conditions in rule 12.3(2) and 12.3(3) was not satisfied; or
    (c) the whole of the claim was satisfied before judgment was entered.

http://legalbeagles.info/library/how...-judgment-ccj/

Depending on the reasons for setting aside, needing credit for example you may wish to take the easy route and get parking eye to agree to a set aside so you can apply for £50 instead of £155.

M1

Comment

Thank you Mystery1 I will try and contact Parking Eye to see if they will agree to set it aside

Comment

Originally posted by craigbisby1 View Post
        Thank you Mystery1 I will try and contact Parking Eye to see if they will agree to set it aside
        That's an option. A "with consent" set-aside is £80 but if they refuse you can still do a "without consent" set-aside at £155.

Have seen them do a "with consent" before as the issue was that driver could directly lose their job for having a CCJ so there has to be a good reason for PE to go that route.

If they refuse go, with the other option. About 10% of ParkingEye court hearings are "without consent" set-asides. With these sort of levels of "error" something must be wrong with their systems - but we knew that anyway.
        Not here a lot but you'll find me on Pepipoo.

Comment

Originally posted by emanresu View Post
          That's an option. A "with consent" set-aside is £80 but if they refuse you can still do a "without consent" set-aside at £155.

Have seen them do a "with consent" before as the issue was that driver could directly lose their job for having a CCJ so there has to be a good reason for PE to go that route.

If they refuse go, with the other option. About 10% of ParkingEye court hearings are "without consent" set-asides. With these sort of levels of "error" something must be wrong with their systems - but we knew that anyway.
          I have found that when PE are offered up payment in return for a set aside then the greed kicks in and they agree. With consent is £50 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u.../ex050-eng.pdf page 6.

Not a fan of paying but paying about £250 in total could be small fry if a mortgage is at stake.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X