• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received Claim Form - County Court Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received Claim Form - County Court Business Centre

Greetings,

I arrived home today and found a Claim Form from Civil Enforcement Ltd issued by Northampton court. Its looks like a parking fine which they are trying to recover. Till date I have not had any intimation or correspondence from this company and I do not know when I have breached this contract. The fine it seems is from 31.1.2012!

total amount worth £240.66
    Claimant - signed Micahel Scwartz.

I want to challenge this- can anyone help?

regards
    Tags: None

Re: Received Claim Form - County Court Business Centre

Is it possible to post up a copy of the claim form - any identifiable details

If it is a genuine court claim from Northampton then you must acknowledge the claim on line and tick defend, that gives you 33 days from the date on the letter to get a defence in
    [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by NWHC View Post
      Is it possible to post up a copy of the claim form - any identifiable details

If it is a genuine court claim from Northampton then you must acknowledge the claim on line and tick defend, that gives you 33 days from the date on the letter to get a defence in
      @mystery1 @Amethyst
      If it's Cel then it might not be time to acknowledge if the particulars of claim are to follow.

Post up what you have and do not give away the drivers identity as it's pre keeper liability.

Sanitise everything before posting.

M1

Comment

How do i post up?will a scan do?

Comment

Please find claim form attached- many thanks for such a prompt response.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes.

Click go advanced and use the paperclip,

Or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnPAhAdxZQ

Or use the emails in my signature.

M1

- - - Updated - - -

Well the particulars of claim are to follow so don't acknowledge yet. We can prepare though. I'll be around from later tomorrow for 3 days as i'm off shift then.

M1

Comment

Just uploaded it- please could you check if you can view it?

Comment

Hi Thanks, do I need to acknowledge the court particulars? I am a bit confused as it says I need to respond within 14 days. I away on holiday from the 4th friday next week for 3 weeks. Will this be an issue? I will have internet access though.

Comment

You need to file acknowledgement within 14 days of getting the particulars of claim. As these are to follow within 14 days of the claim form then it is not yet time to do so.

It's not an issue if someone can tell you when things arrive. Otherwise we'll have to guess a bit.

M1

Comment

Okay that makes sense but I am away from next Friday! so am a bit stuffed because the particulars might arrive when I am away?? any thoughts?

Comment

File acknowledgement of service before you go if you haven't got the particulars before you go. Hopefully they arrive beforehand.

M1

Comment

So if I was returning on the 26th would I have enough time to file a defence with your help? can this be done all online?
                        If I don't hear from them by this Thursday I will submit online before I go. Thank you very much for such a great service. How do you guys fund this website? I would like to make a small donation to do my bit if that is at all possible?

Comment

Originally posted by badge View Post
                          So if I was returning on the 26th would I have enough time to file a defence with your help? can this be done all online?
                          If I don't hear from them by this Thursday I will submit online before I go. Thank you very much for such a great service. How do you guys fund this website? I would like to make a small donation to do my bit if that is at all possible?

You have 28 days from when you get the particulars of claim providing you file acknowledgement of service.

I'll let [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] answer the other query.

M1

Comment

M1 - quick question if I may please? Is there a chance that you don't even get details of particulars and they are hoping you just pay up? I cannot recall getting a ticket or ever hearing from them so am a bit worried. What's the likely timeframes in your experience of being sent detailed particulars? is it possible that they won't even bother sending these and i still have to acknowledge receipt of claim?

Comment

Is there a chance that you don't even get details of particulars and they are hoping you just pay up?
                              They may be late but i'd expect you to get them.

I cannot recall getting a ticket or ever hearing from them so am a bit worried.
                              That's a good thing, not getting anything as it gives an argument against holding the keeper liable and they'll have no idea who the driver is/was.

What's the likely timeframes in your experience of being sent detailed particulars?
                              Seems to be mixed and random.

is it possible that they won't even bother sending these and i still have to acknowledge receipt of claim?
                              Yes but without sending them they are giving themselves issues.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X