• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil enforcement limited court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil enforcement limited court action

The acknowledgement of service was done when the original claim form arrived. I will hold on for the letter

Comment

I suggest you contact the SRA.

contactcentre@sra.org.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write to you to enquire about Mr Michael David Schwartz #118966 who was/is subject to control of practice as per http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...ticle?decision

It is my understanding that "Mr Schwartz shall act as a solicitor only in employment, the arrangements for which have been approved by the SRA."

As he is lodging claim forms with the courts, i would like to enquire if any arrangements are in place to allow him to do so ?

Yours Sincerely

[MENTION=70704]emanresu[/MENTION] of http://www.bmpa.eu/ tells me that they have already let the cat out of the bag that there are no arrangements however i advise that you get your own confirmation in case it comes in handy during this matter.

This has no effect on the court timescales and we must keep to those.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Steph88 View Post
        The acknowledgement of service was done when the original claim form arrived. I will hold on for the letter
        Can you try to file AOS again please and if struggling tto do so contact the court and ask if the 1st one gives you 28 days to defend from service of particulars of claim (not the claim form which arrived 1st).

M1

Comment

Getting on to it straight away. Email has been sent

Comment

My friend after several days of trying has eventually got through to the court again and they have stated that his 28 days are up because he filed the acknowledgment of service early but he should still submit his defence.im totally confused now

Comment

they have stated that his 28 days are up because he filed the acknowledgment of service early
              The timing of the AOS filing has no bearing on the date other than to add 14 days to the date already in place. I would fire off a complaint to the courts. Utterly disgraceful.

M1

Comment

Yep, agreed the defence by my calculations should be filed by 4pm on 10 March.
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks I'll help draft a letter to the court and get that sent ASAP

Comment

Sent complaint off to the court today

Comment

When ideally would you suggest the defence should be submitted, leaving it until the last day or beforehand

Comment

As soon as we get the desired info from the SRA or within the last week of time, whatever comes first.

M1

Comment

good practice is to draft your defence early and make sure you have got all of the facts that you need. Once it is drafted read through it a few times and make sure you are happy with it, or if you need a fresh pair of eyes post it up on here.

I would advise against submitting last minute as you might miss the deadline, but equally don't submit too early where you have not covered everything you need.
                          [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] can advise better on what you need
                          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Intending to sort defences out this weekend.

The schedule of information, is it in any way accurate/inaccurate ?

M1

Comment

Hi, all seems to be accurate in the schedule.

Comment

Can you type the schedule up please ? I can't read it.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X