• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sent to old Address - now CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent to old Address - now CCJ

My son received a Private Parking Charge Notice reminder from Parking Eye for an overstay on a Motorway Service Station car park on or around the 1st September 2015, the date for the original notice was shown as 11th August.

He received this at his old address but found it when he called in to see if there was any post, he could not find the original Notice but this may have been destroyed by the new tenants.

I immediately sent a Formal Challenge and showed his new address and included a copy of the Reminder. We then heard nothing, my son asked the Landlord of his old address if there was any post on a regular basis. Then on the 5th January 2016 he found a Claim Form from the County Court for £175 at his old address.

What should he do now? It looks as though Parking Eye ignored the Formal Challenge and the new address.
    Tags: None

Re: Sent to old Address - now CCJ

Do you have proof they knew of his current address ?

M1

Comment

I've got a copy of the letter I sent and the Recorded Delivery slip?

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Do you have proof they knew of his current address ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by luboff View Post
        I've got a copy of the letter I sent and the Recorded Delivery slip?
        Have you tracked it ?

M1

Comment

No didn't do that. too late now I suppose.

One thing - his name has been on the Register of Electors for the new address for all that time.

Have you tracked it ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by luboff View Post
            No didn't do that. too late now I suppose.

One thing - his name has been on the Register of Electors for the new address for all that time.
            I think you still can ? I'd certainly try.

Service cannot be effected to an address which is not the last known address. (i'll need to further research the point if they messed up but i think it's a big deal from memory)

M1

Comment

When you say "last known address" what do you mean? The address which Parking Eye got from DVLA ?

Just found a letter from Mercedes Leasing (where he leases his car from) dated August 8th saying they had noted his new address. The Parking Charge was on the 11th August.

I think you still can ? I'd certainly try.

Service cannot be effected to an address which is not the last known address. (i'll need to further research the point if they messed up but i think it's a big deal from memory)

M1

Comment

The courts allow you to serve court papers at someones last known address. If they were in receipt of your letter that address is incorrect as they were informed of the new address.

Anyway have you tracked the letter yet ?

M1

Comment

No, looks like I've made a mess of things, I've kept the wrong delivery ticket, I was sending out a few parcels the same day!!! So looks like he'll have to pay up? Or is it worth ringing the Court to explain and see what they say?

Comment

Hi Mystery 1, did you have any advice after my last comment?

Comment

Has your son sent acknowledgement of service ? If not do so.

Can you post up the claim form and PCN (suitablt sanitised)

M1

Comment

Send it even though we are out of time, past 28 days!

Has your son sent acknowledgement of service ? If not do so.

Can you post up the claim form and PCN (suitablt sanitised)

M1

Comment

The claim form is over 28 days old ?

I hope they haven't applied for a default judgement.

M1

Comment

Problem is all the correspondence is going to his old address which is the nub of the whole thing. He can't always gain access to his old address to see if there is any post there and the current tenants do not seem to care what happens to his old post. (I know! he should have arranged for his post to be redelivered but such is the way of youth!!) Is there any way he can find out? And if there has been a default judgement I presume there is nothing else he can do?

The claim form is over 28 days old ?

I hope they haven't applied for a default judgement.

M1

Comment

Phone the court.

If there is a default judgement it can be set aside and indeed if they used the wrong address a set aside must be allowed. Costs may depend on whether they believe the correct address was given to them. A recorded delivery slip would have been spot on.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X