• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Claim form received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Claim form received

Hi,
    I can see there has been many threads on this already so I do apologize, However I am in need of help / Advice.

I have received a claim form through the post from County court - Northampton Via Parking Eye and need help in the next stage i.e How, What and to whom I should reply to.

Overview:
    I had parked in a Medical centre car park ( Free for 90mins) and went over by about 20 mins approx.
    This was late evening approx 9pm onward from what i remember, well out of the normal opening hours. The signs were not clearly visible at the time.
    Car park was empty, all medical centre was closed and the main street leading on to it was residential parking only.

Anyone out there that can advise on what to do
    Should i just pay up even though the total amount including court cost is coming to £145.

Any help greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Claim form received

File acknowledgement of service which gives a total of 33 days to defend from the date on the form.

In what way were the signs not clearly visible ?

Post up the claim form, pcn etc suitably sanitised.

M1

Comment

Due to it being dark it was not clear what the sign was about and tbh had not paid attention to it either as the carpark used to be free without restrictions before this so it came as a surprise that it now registers cars coming in and out.

I will upload the claim form and some pics that i will take tonight of the carpark

Comment

Originally posted by THR View Post
        Due to it being dark it was not clear what the sign was about and tbh had not paid attention to it either as the carpark used to be free without restrictions before this so it came as a surprise that it now registers cars coming in and out.

I will upload the claim form and some pics that i will take tonight of the carpark

Claim form attached
        Attached Files

Comment

Will hopefully have some pics tonight, In the meantime would it be a bad idea to contact Parking Eye asking them for breakdown of costs / Loss incurred and how its been calculated etc?

Comment

Don't bother.

M1

Comment

What do you recommend as my next step. Im having trouble loading the pics of the entrance to car park and signs.

Thank you

Comment

Signs
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you take photos (without flash!) of the signs with the same degree of darkness when you got the charge? Part of a good defence will be that the signs were not obvious, you therefore couldn't read them and therefore no "contract".

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                    Can you take photos (without flash!) of the signs with the same degree of darkness when you got the charge? Part of a good defence will be that the signs were not obvious, you therefore couldn't read them and therefore no "contract".
                    I will do that tonight and post pics
                    Thank you

Comment

I'm attaching photos with and without the flash.
                      please note on the entrance to the car park the signs do not show of any fines that may occur. There are photos in prev posts of what it looks like in daylight
                      hope this helps.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The ones without flash show the problem nicely. I'll get to it soon.

M1

Comment

Thank you M1
                          Your help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Edit 10 to suit.

thrdef.rtf

M1
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                              Edit 10 to suit.

thrdef.rtf

M1
                              Thankyou for the template.
                              I apologise in advance if this may come across as
                              A little stupid.

The template shows £100 as the claimants penalty, I
                              Take it i need to change this to £70 as per the amount claimed without the court cost etc or am i missing something. Am just a little confused as not ever been in this situation before.
                              And once edited do I just send this off to Northampton County court?

Please advise....😕😕😕

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X