• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court letter for parking charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court letter for parking charges

I have acknowledged service what can I do now
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Can you help me as I have received a court letter for parking fine . I was ignoring the pcn sent as some one suggested it will not go to court that was wrong advice please help how I can fight now as 243 is ridiculous money to pay for 60 pence !!

Comment

• ostell
      ostell commented
      Editing a comment
      So give some details. Photo of the PCN, redacted of personal details but leave dates, photos of signs.

Acknowledge theclaim using the details and password on the form bit do not put anything in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court,.

You could also start a thread in the motoring forum.

Ignore has not been the advice since 2012 and The Protection of Freedoms Act

Can you help me as I have received a court letter for parking fine . I was ignoring the pcn sent as some one suggested it will not go to court that was wrong advice please help how I can fight now as 243 is ridiculous money to pay for 60 pence !!

Comment

• ostell
      ostell commented
      Editing a comment
      So post up the PCN redacted of personal details but leave the dates and some photos of the signs.

Acknowledge the claim using the details on the form and the password. Nothing in the defence. This gives 33 days form date of issue to submit defence to court.

• Deep
      Deep commented
      Editing a comment
      On what basis I can say it is not reasonable fine to pay . I been to hospital that day and stopped to buy medicine in that parking, my 6 months old child was with me and was not well either and he was crying so I fed him and decided to go back to house and forgot about parking ticket I hardly stayed there 10-15 mins max 243 is ridiculous money they asking to pay

• Deep
      Deep commented
      Editing a comment
      This letter I received
      Attached Files

Well you could post up the PCN you received for the parking charge to see what it is all about. You will need to enter a defence within 33 dyas of the date of issue.

The claim is unclear about the reason for the alleged breach of the parking contract, and this should be mentioned in your defence. If you don't know the full reason for the claim how can you defend it?

Comment

Yes it just says I failed to pay PSN. I have another question my brother got exactly same letter but he was not driving that day his friend borrowed car from him so what kind a proof he can show in defence that he was at work

Comment

2 things.... You have 3 threads running on this subject, with different responses in each. How the heck do you expect to get a sensible result when the answers are spread 3 ways? Decide which thread is the appropriate on, probably the parking, and put notices in the others to stop people replying.

As for you brother get him to start his own thread, in the right place. To prove he could not have been driving at the time then what better than a sworn statement from employers? This will not be of any good though as they will be claiming from him as the keeper and it's now too late to name the driver at the time.

Comment

I'll try get everything merged ostell - okay done not sure it's stayed in date order though.

Anyway - Deep try keep to this thread now so things stay together.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, with the PM it was getting annoying.

Without the PCN or the original story then it will be very difficult to provide help with a defence. Ask the parking company for copies of all the documents that they will be using in court in order that you can narrow the issues between yourselves. Do it in writing, first class letter with free Certificate of Posting from a Post Office.

Ignore has not been the advice since 2012 and the introduction of the Protection of Freedoms Act. Hope theperson offering the advice is going to help you with any costs.

Comment

See I understand your frustration but if you see my side I am using this site first time don’t know how things goes here all is I need help as time passing and I need to sort this out ..I have been stayed very stressed last year my house was on fire so it’s one thing after the other

Comment

So if there is no information provided how can anyone help? You have given no information other than you have received a claim form from the court. Please give people something to work with, the crystal ball is rather hazy.

Perhaps a copy of the original PCN (you've been asked many times)and your description of what happened. Do not infer who the driver was.
                Last edited by ostell; 27th July 2018, 22:00:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X