• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Awareness Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Awareness Services

Hi all,

Just after a little advice on the following:

Parking Charge Notice

Reason for Issue: Not fully displaying a valid pay-and-display ticket

The ticket machine was out of order, and above was a contact number which was a mobile (number not recognised when I called it) and no other pay and display machine on the car park.

I think I am going to have to entertain their appeals process due to the fact it is a company owned van and on the ticket it states that if the charge has not been paid within 28 days keeper details may be requested, and the company's default course of action is to pay all fines/ parking tickets etc and then deduct from wages.

I work for a company whose parent company deal with all fleet management (which means I do not have a direct contact with anybody to be able to advise them that the ticket has been wrongly issued).

I have photos of the ticket machine showing that it is out of use which also shows the mobile number to call if the machine is out of use.

I just want to remedy this as easily as possible as I have far too much to do to mess around with idiots trying to bill me for nothing..

Any and all advice is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Lee
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Awareness Services

As IPC members, keeper liability is pretty key to winning appeals. I suspect the machine being broken will be met with a comment that you should have moved mountains to pay or not parked at all.

Your situation is difficult as the company will pay and is one of the situation ANYONE should consider naming the driver. Sadly, that screws you on the appeal front.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parki..._Services.html

Not many court cases, so i'd ignore all bar court claims if it were me and i couldn't keep keeper liability in play. (although as the know you were driving you may wish to get the broken machines on record for all the good it'll do)

M1

Comment

Re: Parking Awareness Services

M1,

Cheers for the reply.

I have just sent the appeal off to see what happens- form includes selection of were you: the driver, or the keeper, at time ticket was issued, I decided to be honest and answer that I was the driver, fingers crossed this doesn't automatically trigger a keeper lookup and mean the rest of the info is ignored...

Will post their reply

Thanks,

Lee

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X