• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN. Doncaster Robin Hood Airport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN. Doncaster Robin Hood Airport

My vehicle stopped momentarily, literally a few seconds on the airport perimeter road at Doncaster airport and was captured on camera.
    As the registered keeper I received a PCN from VCS Ltd for £100.
    Although the road has double yellow lines it was not parked, not causing any obstruction and there was very little traffic on the road at the time.
    This "fine" seems rather excessive,
    The date of alleged offence 7/10/15. PCN issued 15/10/15
    Signs are displayed but a driver has little time to read them whilst looking for direction signs
    Should I give them the name of the driver at the time and should I make an appeal against this act of Highway robbery from a private company? or just ignore and hope it is not persued?
    Tags: None

Re: PCN. Doncaster Robin Hood Airport

Are they mentioning POFA so that they can hold the keeper liable?

As this is an airport then there are probably bye-laws in place making it not relevant land and therefore the keeper can not be held liable. What "offence" was on the PCN?

The land could also be land subject to road traffic enforcement, again making it no relevant land.

Wait for others to respond then you should be able to make a good appeal to VCS.

Comment

Sadly it's an IPC member rather than BPA which means popla (relatively fair appeals service)is not available but IAS (totally unfair and biased appeals service) is.

Do not give the drivers details at all as they have failed PoFA 2012 schedule 4 requirements to hold the keeper liable.

Appeal.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not park and could not read your sign whilst moving.

As keeper liability cannot apply without PoFA 2012 schedule 4 adherence and only on relevant land in any event, please contact the driver.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Thanks Ostell
        No Mention of POFA whatever that is. But does state that they may hold the registered keeper liable to payment if the driver is not disclosed or you do not provide a serviceable name and address of the driver
        Alleged Contravention was :Stopping on a roadway where stopping is prohibited.
        It states it is a privately operated access road

Comment

POFA = Protection Of Freedoms Act (!)
          Very much souds as though they are trying to use it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X