• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Now court papers .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No , its notice to keeper .
    £100 fine plus interest at 8% plus court costs . That must have been on the responce form i sent back to the court as i cant find that information now .
    Yes i knew £20 wouldn't be accepted , i just wanted to have some fun , i upped it to £25 but said that's pushing it .

Comment

I'm sending off my defence today as contract dispute . Sign at a busy junction and bays not wide enough .
      If it goes to court i lose but they are also out of pocket by having to go to court .
      Can they then pursue me for those court costs ? Maybe in a new claim ?
      Last edited by Cuchilo; 17th August 2018, 07:25:AM.

Comment

In the small claims court they are not allowed to claim legal costs, apart from that £50

Comment

I now have a " Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track "

Comment

The sign offers the parking and that is the contract offer. You accept by performance, ie parking. Look at the sign, the dark blue bit at the bottom. It says you agree to pay £100 if you breach any of the terms and conditions.

The don't know the owner, they only know the registered keeper from asking the DVLA for the details. Under schedule 4 of THe Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 they can claim from the keeper if they don't know the identity of the driver.

I hate to say it but I don't think you have a good case so I would suggest that you contact VCS and make them an offer of say £80 to go away. You can remind them that if it does go to court then they will make a loss.

Comment

I understand that i will lose if we go to court BUT a few years ago this was know as a scam , conning people out of money . At some point the law was changed and now this scam in the eyes of the law is legal . That doesn't stop it being a scam , conning people out of money .
              Morally if i offer them money then they have scammed me out of what ever they can get . If we go to court they may well get my money but it will not cover their costs so although i wont see their money neither will they .
              Morally i win .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X