• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should I appeal this PCN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get proof of posting?
    Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Yes, Royal Mail recorded delivery.

Comment

What day did they receive it?
        Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

So a final letter to Armtrac stating that they should read the appeal letter which they received on the 21st February and note that there can be no keeper liability because of their failures to comply with the requirements of the Protection of Freedoms Act. Their self imposed time limits are immaterial to this fact. Any further correspondence when there is no liability can only be construed as harassment and causing distress. Request that they desist from further contact. This will be your final communication to them.

I am intrigued by the comment in Armtrac's latest letter about "hirer details sent back" . Any idea what this is about.

After that ignore everything except a Letter Before Claim or an actual claim form itself, if they are stupid enough to continue.

In future just post First Class and get free Proof of Posting from the Post Office. The letters are assumed delivered 2 working days later unless they can prove otherwise.

Comment

I too have been liaising with these unprofessionals. I've kept it to email (armtracappeals@gmail.com) which overcomes any costs to me from posting letters and keeps everything nicely together.

They do not seem to know what POFA is, merely hoping that acting like toddlers will get you to pay them.

I would recommend you complain to the DVLA, (KADOEservice.support@dvla.gsi.gov.uk) as this does two things, 1) it makes the DVLA work for their £2.50 they got from Armtrac, and if enough people do this would hopefully make them think about their business model. 2) it will show that Armtrac have asked for the RK details to pursue the driver for payment of the PCN, which I understand by definition means that should they then pursue the RK in the SCC, they have abused the RK's personal data and are open to a counterclaim of at least £250.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              I am intrigued by the comment in Armtrac's latest letter about "hirer details sent back" . Any idea what this is about.
              No idea at all.
              Last edited by Jim Rogers; 28th February 2018, 06:12:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                So a final letter to Armtrac stating that they should read the appeal letter which they received on the 21st February and note that there can be no keeper liability because of their failures to comply with the requirements of the Protection of Freedoms Act. Their self imposed time limits are immaterial to this fact. Any further correspondence when there is no liability can only be construed as harassment and causing distress. Request that they desist from further contact. This will be your final communication to them.
                I have sent them a registered email to this effect,
                Thank you.

Comment

I got this email back from them:

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email regarding Parking Charge Notice (PCN) XXXXXX

Upon checking our system we can confirm that we have received any correspondence/appeal for the above PCN but this was also out of time. You have 21 days (starting the day after the PCN was issued) to lodge an appeal as clearly stated on the reverse of the PCN under the APPEALS section.

This PCN was issued XX December 2017, therefore an appeal had to have been received by XX January 2018.

We received no correspondence or payment regarding this PCN therefore had reasonable cause to apply to the DVLA for the Registered Keeper details.

As this PCN is out of the appeal period we will not be able to treat this as an appeal unless you can provide us with proof of postage of the original appeal you have sent within the next 7 days, upon receipt of this we will be able to look into your appeal.

Please be aware that if you cannot provide us with the proof of postage we will not be able to treat this as an appeal and we will continue to pursue for the outstanding amount owed on this PCN.

Kind Regards

Armtrac Security Services

Comment

What a set of Wallys !! File and ignore would be in order

Comment

That reads very much like the kind of rubbish I have got from them. They really ought to give the role of writing emails to someone other than a petulant child who writes emails that state nothing more than 'la la la la were not listening, pay us' when you tell them they have no legal recourse.

Comment

Received this recently, should anything be done?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Jim Rogers; 14th April 2018, 12:24:PM.

Comment

I suppose that is their idea of a letter before claim and accordingly needs a (reluctant) response.

Tell them that you deny any liability for the amount claimed. This has been detailed in the letter to them posted xxxxxx and further referenced in the letter of xxxxx. Here are the proof of postage for these items. Failure to invoke keeper liability by the incorrect use of POFA does not have any time limit, any time limits that you care to impose are only a figment of your own imagination. As there can be no liability please do not contact me again. To do so is harassment and a misuse of my personal data.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X