• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Tesco Hithen Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spacebiscuit
    started a topic PCN Tesco Hithen Green

PCN Tesco Hithen Green

Hi,

Looking for some advice. The driver recently parked by a local Tesco Express, it is located on a recently developed house site:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=...CakQpx8IigEwCg

The parking restrictions have only recently been put into place, no ticket was left on the car but a letter has arrived at the registered car address. It says they obtained the address from the DVLA. The letter shows a photo of the car but not the registration and the photo does not clearly identify the vehicle. The parking condition notice is on a central reservation and not on the kerb side.

Is this worth me challenging?

Thanks in advance,

Joe.
    Last edited by spacebiscuit; 24th October 2017, 12:32:PM. Reason: Correction
    Tags: None

• spacebiscuit
    replied
    Re: PCN Tesco Hithen Green

An update:

I contacted the Independent Appeals Service to say that I am unable to raise an appeal and that the parking company failed to supply me with the appeals process in their reply to my letter. The IAS has since replied to say that the parking company did not treat my letter as an appeal. I have replied to the IAS to say that my letter had a line of text saying:

"I therefore appeal the charge in writing in this letter."

Also I have re-visited the site of the alleged incident and it seems that extra signage has been installed. I have before and after photos. Can this in any way work in my favour?
    Last edited by spacebiscuit; 22nd November 2017, 14:22:PM. Reason: Error correction

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

From the IPC Code of Practice
    7.1 Where, under 6.1 above, you are required to consider an appeal and you reject it, youmust notify the IAS of the motorist’s ability to use the Standard Appeal process andprovide any information as is required by them for this purpose.
    If you are inputting the correct details, it would seem that they (parking co) have either not formally rejected your appeal, or that they have failed to adhere to their trade assn CoP.

Leave a comment:

• spacebiscuit
    replied

Do I have anything to lose but lodging starting an appeal attheias.org? The website address is listed on the back of the NtK, however if I enter the PCN No. and the car registration to start the appeal I get the following error:

"PCN or Registration Number has not been recognised".

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

On balance I think I would write & say that it is unclear from their previous letter whether or not it is a final rejection.

Please send confirmation either way, & they are in fact rejecting your appeal, please send details of any independent appeals process plus the deadline for using that service.

Leave a comment:

• spacebiscuit
    replied

Me neither, I was just looking for some advice regarding my next move.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
    Who is is being responsible, You or the trade association.
    Simple really"
    This is LB,it's a taken every one one else is at fault.

It's never LB's
    Not sure what you're trying to say, Spirit.

Leave a comment:

• spacebiscuit
    replied

To clarify, I've had no response from the company who issued the CPN, I asked them in my letter of reply for details of their trade association appeals process.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Simple really"
    This is LB,it's a taken every one one else is at fault.

It's never LB's

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by spacebiscuit View Post
    I've received another notice in the post today now asking for £100. The notice is the same the initial notice in terms of the details. There has been no response to my request for the details of the trade association appeals process.

Do I reply to point this out or should I make an appeal directly to the trade association.
    Simple really"

Leave a comment:

• spacebiscuit
    replied

I've received another notice in the post today now asking for £100. The notice is the same the initial notice in terms of the details. There has been no response to my request for the details of the trade association appeals process.

Do I reply to point this out or should I make an appeal directly to the trade association.

Leave a comment:

• spacebiscuit
    replied

Should I reply to point out the inaccuracies or ignore?

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

IPC Code of Practice

6.2 If an appeal is unsuccessful then you must notify the appellant, at the sametime you reject their appeal, that they have the right to further appeal to theIAS and you must allow them a further 21 days to pay the charge or to exercisethis right of appeal. During this period, you may not add on any additional feesfor non-payment.
    https://theipc.info/uploads/-imXk-gE...une%202017.pdf

Leave a comment:

• spacebiscuit
    replied

There was absolutely no mention or reference to the appeal in the reply I received....

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

Originally posted by spacebiscuit View Post
    The dictionary definition means to be "not compliant or pliable"!
    Yes.
    As one of my s̷m̷a̷r̷t̷a̷r̷ more knowledgeable colleagues, @des8 (morning, Des ), pointed out to me yesterday, it has been in use since 1647.
    Oliver Cromwell became Lieutenant General that year, & as every historian knows, went on to lose his shoe in the Battle of Waterloo.
    Some 168 years later.

It would appear that the word is used in the sense of 'unyielding', 'not malleable'.

Imho, the closest modern equivalent which could be substituted would be 'non compliant'.

& if the Notice to Keeper is non compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4, they can't hold the registered keeper liable. Possibly not the driver either.

So that's all right then.

(But as this is an IPC member, to be on the safe side keep keeping schtum about the driver's ID. It serves you best to be incompliant about this.)

Did the letter mention anything about an IAS appeal?
    Last edited by charitynjw; 6th November 2017, 06:51:AM.

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X