• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from UKPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from UKPC

Hi Beagles

I've been issued a PCN today by UKPC. It is for 'parked in a loading place during restricted hours without loading'. The fact of the matter is that the place of business concerned is a rehearsal studio, and we drive our gear there, load it into the studio, rehearse for six hours, load it back into our vehicles and drive home.

Background: the rehearsal studio, Survival Studios Acton, Acton Business Centre NW10 6TD, until recently had no restrictions on parking, users came and went parking wherever they could. Obviously the restrictions potentially have a serious effect on the rehearsal studio's business (people won't be able to use it because they can't park without getting a ticket for £100), and so when these were brought in, the leaseholder of the rehearsal studio (called Simon) brokered a deal with the estate management company (which employs UKPC) to allow customers use of parking so long as (a) they were to park in a marked bay, and (b) that they signed a book in the studio reception to write down their car reg and make. UKPC would therefore only be allowed to issue a ticket if the book hadn't been signed. Today, there was only one gentleman working on reception (called Murkin) and he says that no parking enforcement person came in to check the book, so the agreement on ticketing had been ignored by UKPC for today. Needless to say I had signed in, and parked in a bay (number 20).

Obviously I want to appeal this, but I know from experience that UKPC will just ignore any mention of agreements and push ahead with harrassment letters etc anyway. In making a representation to them therefore, I would like to know what to say, especially if there is anything else worth mentioning (as well as all the above) concerning their rights to ticket anyone on private land etc etc.

I'm very grateful in advance for your response and any help you can offer.

Many thanks
    Minxi.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN from UKPC

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...521#post636521

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X