• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdue MET McDonalds Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdue MET McDonalds Charge Notice

Hi there,

This is kind of a long story, I have been going through the forum but cannot find similar stories:
    - I had a parking charge notice on the 16th May 2016. I paid by card and I have a ticket with my meal at the time the parking notice was issued.
    - On the 8th June, I sent this to MET:
    I am writingto formally challenge the Penalty Charge Notice number AB3XXXX.

On16/05/2016 my vehicle was issued with a Penalty Charge Notice for the reason ofusing the parking space and not being in Restaurant.

My challengeis on the basis that the contravention did not occur. I was in the restaurantduring the time the ticket was issued. Please find enclosed evidence to thiseffect, in the form of the restaurant bill.

For thisreason I look forward to receiving notification that the Penalty Charge Noticehas been cancelled within 28 days.

Yourssincerely,
    - I moved from my flat and had to give a friend mail address. Both of us have been travelling a lot and I only got to see the formal letters from MET today, when my friend arrived from holidays. To be honest, I kind of forgot about the whole thing because I thought my allegation was going to be successful...
    - Got 3 letters: First, rejecting my allegation and providing a Popla code (dated 14/06/2016). Second, Notice Reminder £100 saying that POPLA is not available anymore (dated 19/07/16). Third, final reminder £100 (dated 5/08/16).

What should I do? I can show that I have moved flat and my friend has been on holidays, but my POPLA code doesn't work anymore.

Thank you so much in advance,
    Ibenzal
    Tags: None

Re: Overdue MET McDonalds Charge Notice

You won't get another popla code. I would contact McD with the proof and get them to cancel it. Failing that. file all letters and evidence away, safely and only reply to court papers or a proper letter before action.

They, at present, do not do court.

M1

Comment

Thank you for such a quick reply, M1.

Will do what you suggested

Comment

One last question I forgot to ask. The car that I was using was a rented one (I used SIXT), would this affect on the next time I rent a car with them?

Comment

Doubt it. They have probably charged you an admin fee though, check your account.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X