• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CP Plus charge notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP Plus charge notice

Hi all,

I have recently received a Charge Notice Reminder from CP Plus re an overstay on Moto Hilton Services of 53mins,
    the fee is now £100.
    I did not receive to my knowledge the first charge notice they claim they originally sent.
    They do not know who was driving the vehicle only the registered keeper, myself.
    Can they demand that the registered keeper pays the fee if I do not disclose who the driver was ?
    Advice please if possible.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: CP Plus charge notice

They can ask for the money from the keeper when the don't know the driver but only if they follow the strict conditions of POFA 2012. One of these is that the PCN must be delivered to the keeper within 14 days if no notice on the windscreen. You are not obliged to tell them who the driver was.

The companies do cover themselves for missing the 14 days by pretending that you did not respond to a mythical first letter.

Tell them that they cannot hold you, the keeper, liable as they failed to deliver a notice within 14 days

Comment

Try and appeal and see what happens.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

M1

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        They can ask for the money from the keeper when the don't know the driver but only if they follow the strict conditions of POFA 2012. One of these is that the PCN must be delivered to the keeper within 14 days if no notice on the windscreen. You are not obliged to tell them who the driver was.

The companies do cover themselves for missing the 14 days by pretending that you did not respond to a mythical first letter.

Tell them that they cannot hold you, the keeper, liable as they failed to deliver a notice within 14 days
        Thanks Ostell,
        I will do that.
        I genuinely did not receive a first charge notice, i would have thought a recorded,signed for letter would have ensured that i had received and understood the implications of the communication instead of escalating the charge even further than the actual sensible amount which could seen as reasonable for the driver of my vehicle. I will keep you posted on my progress, i am not easily bullied in to submission.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X