• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mcdonalds parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcdonalds parking charge

I received a parking charge notice from mcdonalds at Gatwick on the 28/2/2016 for overstaying in there car park. the letter has my registration on it but has no picture if my vehicle or how long I overstayed for. I have done a little reasearch and it states to just ignore them as there not backed by a court of law. Although the the letter says as of 4th of November 2015 a landmark judgement was handed down in favour of a parking charge operator. ??? I never had a ticket on my car or in anyway was I told I have overstayed u till a demand for payment was sent to me. Can someone please tell me what I should do with this as the second letter I have received is from drp ( debt recovery plus Ltd.
    Tags: None

Re: Mcdonalds parking charge

Ignore has not been an option since 2012. Have a look here in the first instance and then read around searching for macdonalds.

Comment

Just wanted to make sure as the original letter was from met parking but this is from drp and was a little worried about it. Should I come tact the authorities? Just want to make it clear is all

Comment

DRP enerally act as a debt collector, although sometimes they purchase debts.
        If they are acting as debt collector (the letter probably says something about referring back to their client recommending court action if you don't pay) you may ignore it.
        After all their client already knows they can go to court (but may not due to costs involved or because of a faulty Notice to Keeper)
        As debt collectors they can do diddly squat.

Comment

That exactly what the letter says. It says they have referred the matter to them so is it just a case of ignore it? Just to be clear lol. Thanks everyone for the help it's appreciated. And if there's anyone with a law degree that's wants to help aswell I all ears lol. (Hopefully I havnt offended anyone who's commented ) just worry about these things

Comment

You have a choice; ignore or tell them to take one or pay.
            But why would you want to pay just because they write scary letters?

Presumably what you received from MET was "notice to keeper" and the betting is that it did not comply with PoFA 2012 Schedule 4 and so if it came to court you could defend it.
            Just don't tell them who the driver was!

Comment

What would be your decision in this situation? Thanks again g for your help aswell

Comment

If I received a generic threatening letter from a debt collector I would file it under "ignore".

Comment

Me too.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X