• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking fine

Hi there,
    I appealed a PCN from Matalan in Portsmouth on the 13th September 2015 for an slight overstay on the 2nd of that month. The parking eye camera was out of zynchronisation with the parking meter and i was stuck behind another car for about 10 minutes while waiting to exit onto the main road, therefore overstayed by about 5 minutes.
    I sent all the documentation to them explaining that i would not be paying this fine due to the fact of the inconsistencies between cameras and time on the parking ticket. They have not replied to my letter.
    I have now received a demand from DRP Ltd for £155.00 to be paid by the 27th of October.
    Any suggestions as to what i do now?
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking fine

Contact Smart and ask why you are getting letters from debt collectors whilst you are awaiting the result of an appeal. Include proof of appeal if you can.

If the appeals was lost on route chasing it as soon as possible would make you seem more plausible to an independent person (perhaps a court) further down the line. An honest company would still allow you to appeal but .....

M1

Comment

Re: Smart Parking fine

Thanks, Letter done and in the post with proof of posting and copies of originals, guess its a waiting game at the moment!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X