• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Met Parking Ticket at Barn Elms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Met Parking Ticket at Barn Elms!

Like a few others here who have already started threads, I was unlucky enough to receive a parking ticket for parking at Barnes Elms this last weekend from Met Parking Services LTD.

The story goes, I had not been able to find a space in the main car park but did so in the overspill area under the trees to the side. This does have several random positioned marked out bays. I duly parked in a bay next to another car and could clearly see the white markings on the ground indicating a space. It transpires these bays are no longer in use and have been left to degrade and fade away. The asphalt is quite rough here and the white lines are quite thin unlike the lines painted elsewhere in the car park.

I challenged both the attendant and an operative at the centre at the time but they clearly said these are no longer parking bays?

This morning I've made an appeal on the Met web site stating my objection and adding a few photo of my own to help my cause.

Can I have some re-assurance that this online appeal is okay or that I should also sent a physical letter?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

David

[IMG]IMG_0278[/IMG]
    Tags: None

Re: Another Met Parking Ticket at Barn Elms!

I always advise online appeals. I also always advise that to expect them to see sense is foolhardy and likely to make you angry when they invariably don't.

Clearly you parked in a marked bay. Doesn't mean you'll win because of that. If you need a popla appeal let me know.

M1

Comment

So, after over 6 weeks I've still not heard back from these muppets, no email, no letter or any communication. I'm going to assume they're now outside of the time allowed to respond to my objection and have dropped the case? It would have been courteous for them to try and contact me but from memory I don't remember what details they have of me when I filled in the online objection on their site.

Comment

In theory they should contact you within 35 days but as that is just the code of practice it doesn't mean anything. Are you sure they got the appeal ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X