• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New member - old problem - Parking Eye PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - old problem - Parking Eye PCN

Hello everyone. I'm totally new to LegalBeagles so here goes with my first post.

I have some previous experience of Parking Eye having received (and ignored) a PCN and subsequent threatening letters back in 2013. On that occasion, the PCN was in respect of an Aldi car park, ignorance was the prevailing advice and the right course of action as the letters stopped. We now have a new PCN from a Morrisons store car park managed by PE and are contemplating what to do. I should say we did park there on a Saturday evening, did not visit the store, and overstayed the free period by half an hour or so. The car park has no ticketing system, was not particularly busy and none of the signage is at eye level or easily visible. The initial PCN and subsequent reminder were both received through the post.

Should we ignore it again? From what I've read recently, I'm getting the impression that is not the current recommended approach. Should we appeal? Should we write to/visit the store and ask them to contact PE requesting cancellation of the PCN.

I should add - we parked alongside some friends who entered and exited the car park at the almost the same time as us but have yet to receive a PCN. Seems rather inconsistent, at best!

All help and advice gratefully received!
    Last edited by fairplayplease; 9th September 2015, 21:11:PM. Reason: Added further detail
    Tags: None

Re: New member - old problem - Parking Eye PCN

Hi Fairplayplease and to Legal Beagles.

You need the advice of [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] - the Fount of All Wisdom on such matters. Hang on in there and he will no doubt fly by in due course.

Bump if he doesn't within a day or so x

Comment

Originally posted by fairplayplease View Post
      Hello everyone. I'm totally new to LegalBeagles so here goes with my first post.

I have some previous experience of Parking Eye having received (and ignored) a PCN and subsequent threatening letters back in 2013. On that occasion, the PCN was in respect of an Aldi car park, ignorance was the prevailing advice and the right course of action as the letters stopped. We now have a new PCN from a Morrisons store car park managed by PE and are contemplating what to do. I should say we did park there on a Saturday evening, did not visit the store, and overstayed the free period by half an hour or so. The car park has no ticketing system, was not particularly busy and none of the signage is at eye level or easily visible. The initial PCN and subsequent reminder were both received through the post.

Should we ignore it again? From what I've read recently, I'm getting the impression that is not the current recommended approach. Should we appeal? Should we write to/visit the store and ask them to contact PE requesting cancellation of the PCN.

I should add - we parked alongside some friends who entered and exited the car park at the almost the same time as us but have yet to receive a PCN. Seems rather inconsistent, at best!

All help and advice gratefully received!

Ignore might work but many end up going to court on the basis the keeper is liable. I say appeal and if a good popla appeal is entered you'll win. (never lost one yet although the service provider is changing so we'll see how that pans out).

If you are still within the 28 day appeal time frame

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

If however you are outside the 28 day limit then aside from bluffing Morrisons (you weren't a customer but they don't know that) and hoping they help then ignoring all bar court papers or a letter before claim would be the way to go.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        Ignore might work but many end up going to court on the basis the keeper is liable. I say appeal and if a good popla appeal is entered you'll win. (never lost one yet although the service provider is changing so we'll see how that pans out).

If you are still within the 28 day appeal time frame

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

If however you are outside the 28 day limit then aside from bluffing Morrisons (you weren't a customer but they don't know that) and hoping they help then ignoring all bar court papers or a letter before claim would be the way to go.

M1
        Thanks Mystery 1 - the letter is on its way! Will let you know the outcome.

Comment

Morning beagles,
          No response as yet to my appeal but in a bizarre twist, I have received yet another PCN, this time for an Aldi carpark managed by PE. On this occasion, it was a genuine shopping trip in which my wife was shopping for university supplies for our daughter. The car park also serves Home Bargains. Both stores were used and we have receipts from each. We shop in both regularly. As normal, the signs are mounted well above eye-level and hence not easily visible. Should we ask the store(s) to intervene or appeal? If we appeal, does the fact I have two PCN's against me as the registered keeper have any impact?

Comment

Morning beagles,
            No response as yet to my appeal but in a bizarre twist, I have received yet another PCN, this time for an Aldi carpark managed by PE. On this occasion, it was a genuine shopping trip in which my wife was shopping for university supplies for our daughter. The car park also serves Home Bargains. Both stores were used and we have receipts from each. We shop in both regularly. As normal, the signs are mounted well above eye-level and hence not easily visible. Should we ask the store(s) to intervene or appeal? If we appeal, does the fact I have two PCN's against me as the registered keeper have any impact?
            Each PCN is an individual matter, but it could be brought to attention at appeal if you are seen as an "habitual offender".

nem

Comment

Morning beagles,

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ing-Eye-PCN-II

M1

Comment

Re: Parking Eye PCN II

Beagles,

Good news, following the above appeal and complaining to the store manager, the Aldi PCN has been cancelled. Hurrah!

However, for the original PCN from Morrison's back in August (the subject of my first post), I've received a reply referring my appeal for 'further information'. I'm assuming this is a stalling tactic designed to encourage me to pay prior to issuing a POPLA code and I should ignore it? Whilst they wait for a reply, they've very kindly placed the PCN on hold.

Any advise most welcome.

Comment

Good news for your other ticket http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...won&highlight=

Wait for them. You have no further information that you wish to give at this time.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X