• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye PCN received late due to moving house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye PCN received late due to moving house

Hi

I am hoping that i could get some advice regarding a PCN from Parking eye car park management. I have been forwarded 2 letters from Parking eye today due to it being sent to my previous property. I am being charged for spending 42minute in the car park and "not purchasing the appropriate parking time or remaining in the car park for longer than permitted"

Here what actually happened ( sush dont tell parking Eye) i was picking my wife up from work with my two children and arrived 30 minutes too early due to a misunderstanding between husband and wife regarding the time when her shift finished. My two young children started to get frustrated so i decided to have a nice walk down the canal which was adjacent to the car park while we waited and while i forget to purchase a ticket, as originally it was a simple drive through car park and collect mummy job.

Annnyway...

The notice that the amount due is £100.00 which is discounted to £60.00 if paid within 14 days of the date issued (expired 28/8/15)

Due to these circumstances (house move not recieving letters) i have not had the opportunity to pay the reduced amount

any advice on my best course of action would be appreciated as I'm unsure if an appeal would appropriate as i do not expect this organisation to be the understanding and sympathetic type, I am reluctant to pay such an inflated charge on what would be a 50 pence parking ticket but would pay the 60.00 if offered again

Thank you in anticipation
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye PCN received late due to moving house

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Thank you for your reply, I have looked at the PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9. could you help me understand what part of this paragraph are flawed? Do i need to provide any further information regarding my house move ?

Comment

Originally posted by DE_1987 View Post
        Hi M1

Thank you for your reply, I have looked at the PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9. could you help me understand what part of this paragraph are flawed? Do i need to provide any further information regarding my house move ?

The period of parking needs to be specified. The entry and exit images provided indicate nothing about how long you were parked and do not show you parked at any time.

Parking Eye notices have better compliance than most companies but not 100%.

M1

Comment

Thank you very much again

I can see that they would find it difficult to prove the time actually spent parked

Comment

Thank you very much again

I can see that they would find it difficult to prove the time actually spent parked
            Not just that, to attack the registered keeper the law requires it to be on the notice to keeper.

M1

Comment

I have submitted this appeal and will ensure i update this thread when I hear of parking Eyes decision

Thanks

Comment

Hi I have recieved a letter back from ParkingEye advising that my appeal had been unsucessfull. they have provided me with a POPLA code.

The infomation provided states that i am able to appeal on the following grounds
                1.stolen vehicle
                2. not improperly parker
                3. amount requested on the parking charge is not correct
                4.i was not the driver
                5.extreme circumstances prevented me from parking properly
                6.other

your support with this would be greatly appreciated as im unsure how to proceed

Regards
                Last edited by Kati; 16th October 2015, 19:01:PM.

Comment

What is the deadline for your popla appeal ?

M1

Comment

Hi

The deadline is 25/10/15

Regards

Comment

Hi

The deadline is 25/10/15

Regards
                      I've added you to my popla to do list. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

M1

Comment

de1987.rtf

pevmrsx.pdf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

That explains entering a popla appeal quite well.

You only get one shot so enter everything at once. You may need to convert to pdf, i'm not sure on that.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X