• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Thistle Hotel Poole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Thistle Hotel Poole

We parked in the Thistle Hotel car park in Poole. I have parked there before when staying at the hotel. On this occasion we were not staying at the hotel. We paid for a ticket-entered our registration number into the machine- and displayed it on the dashboard. Later we returned and drove away. Some days later a Parking Charge Notice for £100 has been received from Parking Eye. (£60 if paid within 14 days). I do not now have the ticket. I suspect that this might be for over staying as it is possible that we returned late. However as a fee was paid, is this a reasonable surcharge fee? the daily cost for parking is only £10 I believe. I want to appeal, and would appreciate any advice, thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Thistle Hotel Poole

The Notice to keeper should have the reason for the charge. It is a requirement of POFA. I've seen another NTK without a reason. Post up the NTK, with identifying details removed so others can see what else has been missed. Without a valid NTK they can only chase after the driver, who they don't know.

Comment

Thanks Ostell. The letter is a standard parking charge notice from Parking Eye. It says ' By either not purchasing the appropriate parking time or by remaining at the car park for longer than permitted' . I paid for 2 hours and do agree that I was about 1 hour late. The cost for 24 hours parking is £10. Therefore pro-rata my additional fee should be about £1. I want to appeal. My question is; what do I put on the appeal letter? Thanks!

Comment

So what is the "offence" they are alleging? Not pruchasing the appropriate parking time or remaining longer? Which one is it? It has to be the actual reason.

How many days was "some days later" ? they had 14 days to get that notice to you.

Does it also give the period you were there?

Have a read of POFA and then read the notice and see how many required information are missing. POFA is here Look at what is required to be in a Notice to Keeper and see how many are missing.

Comment

The wording sounds right to me in that it is what they use.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so. Your notice to keeper fails for the purposes of PoFA 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 9.

Please supply a popla code if this appeal is refused.

Yours etc

If you get a popla code let me know.

M1

Comment

M1; That's brilliant, thank you. I will send it today and let you know how I got on. Ostell thank you too. I received the letter 12 days after the alleged offence. So they were just within the time limit. fingers crossed!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X