• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No NCP received.. today I received a letter from DRP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No NCP received.. today I received a letter from DRP

Hi all.

I'm here for a bit of advice if I may.

Recently somebody informed me my vehicle was in breach of the rules of a private car park, and would call the parking company who deal with the land to issue it a PCN. This PCN was never received.

Today, I received a letter from the DRP (to an address under which my licence as registered keeper of the vehicle, hasn't been registered to since the end of February - so it was luck that I managed to receive this letter). I've attached the letter here, but basically I was hoping somebody could advise me on what the best course of action here is. As mentioned, the PCN was never received and this is the first I've heard of any debt. I assume I should contact the parking company in the first instance, though I'm not sure what is best said to them on the matter, as I've previously read here that they defer blame of 'missing' PCN's to Royal Mail.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Best.

PB
    Last edited by PoppyBunny67; 29th April 2018, 13:30:PM.
    Tags: None

There seems to be some confusion about "licence as registered keeper" Assume that you have moved. Did you amend both your driving licence AND the V5 for the vehicle for registered keeper? Some assume that it is only necessary to amend one.

Write to DRP pointing out that this is the first you have heard of this alleged debt that was sent to the wrong address and demand that the desist from harassing you and inform their principal about the incorrect address.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Youre actually right in that I forgot to change the address on the V5, so this is likely why it was sent there. I probably couldn’t argue I don’t live at that address if the V5 is still registered there, could I?

Regardless of this, should I still write to them mentioning this is the first I’ve heard of this, and won’t take any action as no official PCN was issued to me?

Thanks

Comment

Did you have a royal mail redirection in place and would have received the letter anyway.

Comment

No I didn't - I changed all my delivery addresses (Or so I thought..), so didn't want to spend the money on redirection.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppyBunny67 View Post
            No I didn't - I changed all my delivery addresses (Or so I thought..), so didn't want to spend the money on redirection.
            So it could end up costing you more !!! In situations like this there's always one that gets forgotten.

OK, It is true that you have never received the original NTK so continue with the letter to DRP denying liability as no notice received. Not a lot else you can do really.

Comment

Thanks. I still have access to any mail which arrives at that address, and no PCN came through anyway - it seems as though it's just been handed straight to the DRP.

I'll write up an email to DRP. Should they come back with something along the lines of "It isn't our problem that you didn't receive the PCN", what would be my best course of action then? To ignore, or continue to write back asking them to stop sending me letters?

Thanks again.

Comment

If you do not receive a Notice to Keeper (and they probably have not got proof of posting) then they cannot claim any keeper liability. It is their problem as you have no liability in the matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X