• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sunderland university parking charge notice first parking bpa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunderland university parking charge notice first parking bpa

Right so my sister parked at Sunderland University to revise in library (open library), she was a student the previous year at Sunderland now elsewhere. so she paid as a visitor.

Its not very clear what terms and conditions she broke.

why is there no photos, Mystery1 can you help please.

She did receive a windscreen ticket but I have misplaced I will try and find if needed.
    Tags: None

Try and find that Windscreen ticket, the information on NTK and the Windscreen ticket should be the same.

That Notice to keeper does not comply with the requirements of POFA to be able to hold the keeper liable. Read paragraph 8 and see what is missing. For a starter there is no period of parking specified, 9 (2) (a), There has been no invitation for the keeper to pay 8 (2) (e).

Quick BOGOFF leter

Sirs,
    I am the keeper of vehicle xxxxx and have received your Parking Charge Notice xxxxxx
    Your notice fails to conform fully to the requirements of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to be able to hold the keeper liable for the actions of the driver at the time. There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so. As I have no liability in this matter I do not expect to hear from you again other than to confirm that no further action will be taken against me.

At least you should get a POPLA code and you can take it up there and specify what is actually missing or is wrong.

Comment

Thank you Ostell.

Comment

bad news guys, I sent the letter, its seems they never received and have passed it on.
        any advice?
        Attached Files

Comment

So send a copy of that letter to the debt company denying that any debt is due and demand they refer it back to their principal. They probably received it but ignored. Get free proof of posting from a Post Office for this one if you didn't for the previous.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            So send a copy of that letter to the debt company denying that any debt is due and demand they refer it back to their principal. They probably received it but ignored. Get free proof of posting from a Post Office for this one if you didn't for the previous.
            Thank you again, Could you please write a template/letter up for me. I don't want to put anything wrong into it.

Comment

Write the letter and post here for critique before you send.

Comment

the last one I sent was exactly how you advised. I am not very good with letters. Could you please help with one

Sirs,
                I am the keeper of vehicle xxxxx and have received your Parking Charge Notice xxxxxx
                Your notice fails to conform fully to the requirements of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to be able to hold the keeper liable for the actions of the driver at the time. There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so. As I have no liability in this matter I do not expect to hear from you again other than to confirm that no further action will be taken against me.

I

Comment

Sirs,

Further to your letter of the xxxxx I deny any liability to your client first parking. I have already informed them that I cannot be liable and enclose a copy of that letter for your information. Please refer this matter back to your principal, Any further communication from you will be considered as harassment

Comment

Hi i sent a letter to the debt company and first parking attached are their responses.

What can i do now, please advise
                    Attached Files

Comment

To the debt collectors

I am in receipt of your letter claiming that your client's NTK complied with the requirements of POFA. I would suggest that you should actually read the legislation instead of relying on your client's interpretation of whether it is correct ot not. You can find this information on the internet at location http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted . Please read your principals letters and compare them to the legislation. Close is not good enough, they have to comply. There is a fleeting resemblance but there is sufficient missing or incorrect that makes them not in compliance. There is therefore no keeper liability and therefore further communication from you will be taken as harassment and action may be taken. Please refer to Ferguson v British Gas.

Please ensure you pricipal is aware of this letter.

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office. After that then just ignore unless it get to a letter before claim.

Comment

Hi thank you Ostell.

I have received this.

Should I still send below.

I am in receipt of your letter claiming that your client's NTK complied with the requirements of POFA. I would suggest that you should actually read the legislation instead of relying on your client's interpretation of whether it is correct ot not. You can find this information on the internet at location http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted . Please read your principals letters and compare them to the legislation. Close is not good enough, they have to comply. There is a fleeting resemblance but there is sufficient missing or incorrect that makes them not in compliance. There is therefore no keeper liability and therefore further communication from you will be taken as harassment and action may be taken. Please refer to Ferguson v British Gas.

Please ensure you pricipal is aware of this letter.

Regards,

Attached Files

Comment

That should do.

Comment

is this company likely to take to court?

Comment

UPDATE-
                              what should i respond to this?

Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X