• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ukcps parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello sorry for late reply again! That’s the photo of the sign!
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the red bit is an add on?

Any idea if the driver attended playworld?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It does look like that indeed, the Driver I don’t think went to playworld

Comment

Fair cop then annoyingly - so you only have technical procedural arguments as per Ostells posts really.

Personally ( sorry everyone ) I just get them paid in the lower amount period unless they are actually completely unfair ( if I'd been in play world but they'd put wrong reg down, no signs in car park or some such) - but that's cause I'm lazy lol
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It looked like a pub car park and The driver had parked there for years and had no problems Lol. The driver will have only been there 40 minutes when he took the photos

Comment

Is there no appeal that can be done for this then? Thanks

Comment

Is there no appeal that could work then? Thanks

Comment

ostell ? I don't know technically wise I'm afraid.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

mystery1 helped me with one of these before he might know?

Comment

https://ibb.co/hK7ezH hi guys if this helps when you mentioned about the stick on sign yes it was I went and checked it out if this makes a difference?

Comment

Looking back there was fields crossed out on the letter that haven't been posted. Just to refresh: did the driver find a ticket on the windscreen, what was the date of the alleged "offence" What was the date of sending on the notice, what date was it actually received?

That sign is forbidding parking for other than playworld customers. To then claim a breach of contract when no contract is offered is perverse and there can be no breach.

There is no perriod of parking specified on the notice, though this is not a strong point, but will be useful with any other failures.

Comment

The driver did not find a ticket on the windscreen I would have to double check the dates as there at Home and I’m working but the ticket didn’t come till a few weeks after I know that

Comment

Hi,

Please forgive me, I'm new to all this, however a ticket was placed on a car I am the registered keeper of in the same car park (until at least last year it was for shoppers to the local area, not just for one business). The driver is not a frequent visitor, so had no idea things had changed, and only saw the signs once they found the PCN affixed to the windscreen on their return to the vehicle (approximately 10 minutes after parking).

The company requesting payment are UKCPS. It says on the PCN that without the PCN number, payments will be cashed, but not allocated to the correct PCN, and therefore "enforcement action" may be taken despite payment having been made. On the ticket itself, there is no PCN number (there is an unfilled box at the top of the notice with the words "ISSUE NUMBER" above it, I assume this is supposed to have been filled in with the number they refer to as the PCN number). It also states on the PCN that "The period of parking to which this charge relates is the period immediately preceding the 'Time of Issue above'." Again there is an unfilled box with no time in it.

It appears to me that I am unable to make payment here, as I haven't been given a PCN number, therefore should I choose to pay, I'd merely be throwing £60 away and they'd still be seeking to take further action. There is no contact telephone number for them on the notice, merely an address, and I am under no illusion that they would delay their response to a letter to ensure the two week period where they would accept £60 has elapsed, so they could seek £100 instead. Is the charge valid without either an issue number/PCN number or without the time of issue on it? If so, how do I make payment? The only phone number on the notice is for an automated payment line that you cannot use without a PCN number.

Any advice would be VERY gratefully received. Please note this is not a case of trying to avoid payment*, I'll happily send them the £60 to make this all go away - I've come out the other side of some very bad financial times (wife became disabled and my one salary wasn't enough to keep up with all the bills until I found a better-paid job) and I am heading toward finally repairing my credit rating, the thought of a CCJ coming my way and sending me back to square one after I've spent three years putting things right turns my stomach.

* if their agent has invalidated the notice by not including the time or the PCN number, I'll happily refuse to pay, obviously.

Comment

What you need to do is check that the Notice to Keeper you received complies with the requirements of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

As there was a ticket on the windscreen then then you need to check paragraph 8. It states all the information that MUST be in the letter. If the information is not there then there can be no keeper liability..

I would suggest that you create your own thread about this so that the information and recommendations don't get confused. Also post up the PCN, both the windscreen ticket and the PCN received by the keeper, sutably redacted.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                                What you need to do is...
                                Thanks for the prompt response. Is a notice to keeper something which will be posted to me once UKCPS obtain my details from DVLA? The only thing I have thus far is the ticket from the windscreen, which I will try and post later unless you advise I wait until I have both.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X