• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks ostell This is what my wife wrote for the popla appeal.

I am writing to appeal a parking charge I received on a recent visit to McDonalds. At the time of the visit I had 8 week old twins and a two year old. As you can imagine it is very difficult to look after all three in doors on your own so when my mum suggested meeting at McDonalds with the children as she had picked my nieces up from school so we could give the children their dinner and let them play. That way I got out the house and had a bit of help with the children. I arrange to meet her there after school but as leaving the house with three young children can take some time and co-ordination I have to leave plenty of time. I arrived first but waited in the car for my mum to arrive so she could help me in as the car park has a drive thru running through it so its difficult for me to get out the car with 2 car seats a changing bag and a toddler and safely get to the restaurant. During our visit we bought dinner for all five of us and then after we had finished we bought the children ice cream so spent quite a bit of money. McDonalds encourages you to stay with children by handing out balloons, providing colouring materials and tablets for children to play on along with a play area so our children were quite happy to play whilst we ate our meals. Also whilst there my 8 week old twins needed feeding which can take sometime as they were born early so were quite slow feeders. To change, feed and wind two of them can take up to an hour. I feel that extra time should be allowed to enable me to feed under maternity laws. Having only gone over the alloted time by 16 minutes I feel a straight £100 fine is unreasonable. Surely a warning as a first offence would be more appropriate. As driving in to the restaurant there are lots of signs up everywhere for the drive thru and menu boards it is not always easy to see the parking restrictions and no notices were up in the restaurant so I did not know there was a time limit. This particular McDoldalds is just off the motorway so there is no other reason for parking other than to visit the restaurant. The only other things there are a hotel, petrol station and a car auction all which have their own parking facilities so it did not occure to me that I had a time limit. I am really disappointed that I have received this fine and as a result I am reluctant to visit the restaurant again resulting in McDonalds losing business.

Is this what you meant by throw everything at popla or should it be making more legal points rather than personal reasons for what happened?

Comment

Mitigation points don't work, it should be legal points, or close. I can't remember seeing the Notice to Keeper. Did it fully comply with the requirements of POFA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X