• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MET Parking Fine

Abbie, I think you said that you had 5 tickets overall for the same car park - and 2 of those have resulted in your appeal being upheld? What were the differences between the ones that your appeal was upheld on and this one? Is it solely because the picture of the car in this one shows an undamaged sign in the background ?

I don't really agree there's an argument on 'period' being defined any further than 'immediately prior' as this isn't a time limit car park offence just a permit display only parking offence - the photographs are time stamped too. ( btw Parking really isn't something I know about )
    Attached Files
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      I don't really agree there's an argument on 'period' being defined any further than 'immediately prior' as this isn't a time limit car park offence just a permit display only parking offence - the photographs are time stamped too. ( btw Parking really isn't something I know about )
      Hi Ame
      This is the crucial point.
      To transfer liability from driver to registered keeper, there must (mandatory) be a period of parking stated on the Notice to Keeper.
      All that is stated is an isolated time, in the main body of the text & even on the pics.

It is a technicality....but then again, we often use technical defences in other areas (ie Default Notice incorrect in Consumer Credit Act cases).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Abbie, I think you said that you had 5 tickets overall for the same car park - and 2 of those have resulted in your appeal being upheld? What were the differences between the ones that your appeal was upheld on and this one? Is it solely because the picture of the car in this one shows an undamaged sign in the background ?

Hi Amethyst,

Thank you for taking a look at this. There were no differences in the ones where my appeal was successful and that picture I believe has been tampered with by MET or it isn’t my car because there is no way that sign is there anymore and I have a photo taken not long ago which can prove it.

Comment

@Abbie

Can you prove that that sign was not there in Mid October?

When were the pics in post #54 taken?
          Can you evidence the date?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[QUOTE=charitynjw;768435]@Abbie

Can you prove that that sign was not there in Mid October?

When were the pics in post #54 taken?
            [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

I took them with my mobile and in my photo stream it has the dates on top if I screenshot it but I don't think it would print that way unless I take a screenshot of the photo if you know what I mean!! This was on 10 December 2017.
            I noticed that there are different signs put up all over it now as I went back to take a look today. The signs now pertain to a company called London Parking Solutions, I think. They have also put up a sign on land that they don't even own - the local council owns it!!
            I am so grateful for your help. This is a great website/forum and you have been amazing!

Kind regards

Comment

If it were me I'd email a complaint to POPLA.

Dear sirs

Re: (Your POPLA code)

Further to your adjudicator's decision, the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 clearly states that a Notice to Keeper must stipulate a period of parking in order for liability to be transferred from the driver to the registered keeper.
              In my particular case, no such period of parking has been stated on the notice & the site signage contain no such parking periods.
              Please clarify exactly what period of parking is referred to by MET.
              In the absence of a plausible explanation, please review the decision.
              I look forward to your earliest reply.

complaints@popla.co.uk

It's worth a punt....nothing ventured, etc.

Attach a copy of the NtK & the site sign used by MET in their POPLA appeal.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Thanks for this. I will try that route and see what happens although I notice that it seems from the POPLA website that once this decision is made then that is it!!
                you are quite right, nothing ventured, nothing gained It has really annoyed me that they upheld 2 appeals and not the others when they were all the same!!

Kind regards

Comment

Add to the email that you clearly signposted the issue of the defective notice in your submitted appeal.

You could also directly quote from PoFA

"(2) The notice must—

(a) specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;"
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If you copy your photo of the sign down to a computer then look at the photo properties you would normally get details of the date and time etc, all the meta data that is in the file

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X