• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice from Smart Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice from Smart Parking

In August we used a Carlisle car park and duly paid £1 fee to park for an hour. We entered the car registration and left the car to pop to town.

This week we received a parking charge notice from Smart parking - we find this unbelievable as 4 of us stood near the car parking machine while the money was put in and the registration entered - a ticket was not issued but we assumed this was a normal occurence.

What shall we do as we know the £1 was paid - Please help.........
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice from Smart Parking

Hi, welcome to LB.

Presumably there was no Notice to Driver? (eg windscreen ticket).
    Could you post up a pic of the Notice to Keeper? (Front & back, personal details obscured but leave dates visible)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply.

There was no notice on the windscreen.

I will attach photos as soon as I download them.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        Hi, welcome to LB.

Presumably there was no Notice to Driver? (eg windscreen ticket).
        Could you post up a pic of the Notice to Keeper? (Front & back, personal details obscured but leave dates visible)
        Hello

Please find attached photos of Notice to Keeper. any

p.s. We live a long way from Carlisle and can't go back to check any car parking machines in the car park.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, can't read them....fuzzy copy.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

And need the dates visible.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              And need the dates visible.
              Please find attached hopefully better copy
              Attached Files

Comment

There is no mention of keeper liability, as required under POFA 2012 schedule 4, to hold the keeper liable. As there was no windscreen ticket then paragraph 9 apples. Everything that is in that paragraph is required to be on the NTK and it is missing.

A simple letter to them stating that you are the keeper and their Notice to Keeper has failed to confirm to the requirements of POFA Schedule 4 paragraph 9 on several points and you cannot therefore be held liable for the drivers charge. You will not be providing details of the driver as there is no legal acquirement to do so. You do not expect to hear from them again expect to acknowledge that there will be no further claims made against you.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                  There is no mention of keeper liability, as required under POFA 2012 schedule 4, to hold the keeper liable. As there was no windscreen ticket then paragraph 9 apples. Everything that is in that paragraph is required to be on the NTK and it is missing.

A simple letter to them stating that you are the keeper and their Notice to Keeper has failed to confirm to the requirements of POFA Schedule 4 paragraph 9 on several points and you cannot therefore be held liable for the drivers charge. You will not be providing details of the driver as there is no legal acquirement to do so. You do not expect to hear from them again expect to acknowledge that there will be no further claims made against you.
                  Thank you Ostell for your help.

The letter will be in the post to Smart tomorrow (recorded delivery).

Comment

Originally posted by Calam2017 View Post

Thank you Ostell for your help.

The letter will be in the post to Smart tomorrow (recorded delivery).
                    Just thought I'd update you all - I sent the simple letter you suggested and to date I haven't heard back from Smart Parking. I am keeping my fingers crossed and touching wood that I won't hear them them again on the matter - thank you so much.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X