• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

46: Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46: Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway)

Hi there

I really hope someone can help me. I had a courtesy car during the summer while my car was being repaired. Whilst using that car on 17 July 2015, I received a PCN stating the contravention as “46: Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway). However I was in a loading bay that was permitted for up to 20 minutes (I was there less than 20 minutes). Unfortunately I wasn’t physically loading the car at the time the PCN was issued otherwise I’m guessing I wouldn’t have received it. I did make written representations on the day I received the PCN and heard nothing until I received this notice dated 27 October 2015.

Other than writing something a little more professional than “I was stopped where permitted and was loading; you just didn’t see me!” which is just my word against theirs, is there anything more concrete I can state?

Thanks so much!
    Tags: None

Re: 46: Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway)

If you were in a loading bay they would have witnessed you delivering or receiving merchandise by CCTV into the vehicle

You cannot fight this as you are automatically guilty being a red route and failure to load or unload commercial goods

Comment

Thanks so much for your quick reply. The thing is I was actually unloading and then loading commercial goods i.e. goods used in relation to my business but they weren't boxed, I didn't use a trolley and my vehicle wasn't branded. Does that automatically make me guilty?

Comment

Yep, you have no chance unless you can prove you were a trader

99.9999% of the time these loading bays will be controlled by CCTV

A licence to print money

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
          Yep, you have no chance unless you can prove you were a trader

99.9999% of the time these loading bays will be controlled by CCTV
          You don't have to be a trader to legitimately carrying out loading/unloading, nor must you have a commercial vehicle unless the loading bay is for goods vehicles only

OP have you viewed the CCTV footage?

Did you include documentary evidence of deliver/ collection notes/invoices with your appeal.

Regardless of what they say loading does not have to be continuous nor must the vehicle be attended at all times. Loading/unloading includes time taken in delivering, receiving and checking goods and signing paperwork etc.

Comment

Thank you Michael. I haven't viewed the CCTV footage and suspect they may no longer have it if it's from July. That said I didn't include any documentary evidence previously but could do this time. I think that's probably the way to go. If that fails then I will request to view the CCTV footage. Final decision - I'm definitely going to appeal this as I'm convinced I did nothing wrong.

Thank you all for your help on this one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X