• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

POFA is not retrospective, just keep ignoring.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
      POFA is not retrospective, just keep ignoring.
      Hmm... yes, I probably will... I've lost count of the number of subtly (and not so subtly) threatening letters I've had from various agencies regarding trifling or incorrect allegations of money owed, etc etc. I love the use of the word 'may' that invariably appears - as in - "We MAY take further action which MAY result in criminal proceedings". Nothing has ever come of any of them. However - I'm just slightly nervous in this case over the nuances in your word 'retrospective'.... as I said, my 'conversation' with the Parking Eye parasites is ongoing, it's not a closed case; surely if the law changes mid-case, then it applies to the conclusion of the case, ie the 'sentence', if that sentence is not yet determined ? To take an example 'in extremis' - if I commit a burglary, which takes a month to be prosecuted, and during that month the minimum sentence for burglary rises from one year to two, then I would fully expect to be sentenced to two years, on conclusion of the trial, would I not ? Just because I was naughty when the sentence was one year, it does not (to me) follow that I would be sentenced to one year, a way down the line, when a two year sentence was the law... ?! I know it's a rather contrived example.... just speculating I suppose.... :-)

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        See how advanced we are on LB!

Before I get a note to that effect added, can you provide a definitive link to that just to be 100% sure it's accurate (not doubting you!):beagle:
        Seems my source got the wrong date. Take the coming into force date as 1 October 2012 unless advised otherwise. However, I suspect that the provision will be repealed fairly quickly due to abuse or a change of government.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

As i have had correspondence from Parking Eye debt collectors, will it shown on the credit reference agencies, i.e. Experian and others
          to this effect and will it effect my credit rating?:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Originally posted by suedob View Post
            As i have had correspondence from Parking Eye debt collectors, will it shown on the credit reference agencies, i.e. Experian and others
            to this effect and will it effect my credit rating?:tinysmile_cry_t:
            It shouldn't be

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              It is an invoice basically saying if you don't pay they will take you through the county court. The chances of them doing this are very remote, and if they did, the chances of them winning are even more remote.

Google it and you'll find loads. The advice of this site is to ignore everything, though you will read other opinions around the internet.
              Hi folks, having been encouraged to seek advice on here, I am on my second parking eye letter now £70 up from £50. Having felt a bit brave cancelling the cheque my well intentioned other half sent in payment, fearing legal repirisals, we took courage. However just a little concerned when people suggest chances of legal reprisals from PE are remote, if anyone has actually ended uphaving to pay eg by judge of a court?

Comment

Hold steadfast. A bit of details of your case will help

Comment

Hello folks,

Sadly, I'm a "me too". We've just received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye. My wife parked in the car park at St. Catherine's Retail Park in Perth which, as we now know, has a two hour limit. She was there for 2 hours 14 minutes, and did shop in some of the premises at the car park.

The general advice here (on all 6 pages of the thread) is to ignore the charge. I have two questions though which may have an impact.

Firstly, St Catherine's is free for up two hours, and there is no charging structure beyond the two hours other than the lovely fine of £85 (£50 if paid in 14 days).

Secondly, as this is Scotland, are there any differences between what is and is not legally enforceable?

Many thanks

Jim

EDIT: The "offence" was on 24th September, which pre-dates the recent "registered keeper is liable" law changes.
                  Last edited by jmbob; 11th October 2012, 12:55:PM.

Comment

Hi.
                    Reading all the above pages with great interest.
                    i like all those above today received a "Parking Charge Notice" from our friends "ParkingEye car park management".
                    The amount of £50 to be paid by the 24/10 or £85, after which must be paid by 07/11.

Brief outline of the story.
                    I am disabled, I use crutches and a wheelchair dependant on distances. I entered, the Propect Place car park in Dartford at 09:43AM on the 1/10. After driving around for 5-10 minutes to find a space, (due to a number of disabled bays, being full of cars without badges) I parked up and with my eldest son, went into two shops. After approximately an hour, I moved the car to another space on the other side of the car park. I moved the car as the shops I wanted to visit, were to far for me to walk.
                    i finished shopping and left the car park.

Apparently, there is a 2 hour free-parking rule. I accept I was in the car-park for more than 2 hours, but firstly it took me time to find a space and secondly I moved the car whilst in the car-park.

I now have the letter - Advice on what to do please.
                    Do I ignore it, appeal it or pay it?
                    Thank you in advance.

Comment

My reading of the new law that came into power on the 1/10 (owner/keeper becoming liable for private parking charges) the law remains of the contract and the fees have to be proportional to the expenses, NOT penalty. Everiything before the 1st is like before, if after - try going through their appeal first, then appeal to the BPA, then we will see.

Comment

If you are disabled, they must allow you additional time. The two-hour limit you refer to would not be reasonable, in my opinion. Three hours would be reasonable. Parking Eye may find it very difficult to enforce their "charge" and bullying and harassing a disabled person won't go down well with a court or the public.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Labman posted this link elsewhere in this forum. I think it is great (BTW, although first and important post is dated 2009 it has been updated to include recent change in the law).
                          http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

Comment

I parked at Ruskin Avenue in Coniston duly purchased a ticket for an hour. A month later I received a parking notice charge for £90 reducing to £60 if I paid within 14 days.

I knew I had paid but I didn't keep the ticket. Having read the advice on here I was just going to ignore it.

Thing is I couldn't shake the indignant feelings so I did a search on the car park and found it belonged to lakeland national park authority so I rang them and put my case forward.

I have to say the lady I spoke to was very helpful and promised to look into it, she duly did this and called me back to let me know I had keyed one letter of my number plate wrongly.

She advised sending an appeal to Parking Eye which I did explaining what had happened, I even apologised for any inconvenience.

I have since received an email telling me they had cancelled the parking notice and they had the cheek to say as a good will gesture and not to do it again.

Cheeky Sods

Almost makes me want to go and get another ticket just to ignore it.

Comment

Your first port of call re any parking offence should be here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

This explains a little about the law and includes the link above I provided earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by alham View Post
                                My reading of the new law that came into power on the 1/10 (owner/keeper becoming liable for private parking charges) the law remains of the contract and the fees have to be proportional to the expenses, NOT penalty. Everiything before the 1st is like before, if after - try going through their appeal first, then appeal to the BPA, then we will see.
                                Hi.

Thank you for the replies - appreciated.
                                Does the new law mean that I have no option but to pay it?
                                At present I have just ignored it, as the previous 6 pages have told me to do so.
                                Am I better appealing or do I just carry on ignoring it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X