• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Thanks M1.
    I have submitted my appeal in the POPLA site and also sent a follow up email.
    Fingers Crossed.

Forever grateful to you.

Comment

sorry , wrong place

Comment

I did no hear from parking eye or popla after my popla appeal three weeks back... apart from the acknowledgement mail from popla..
        Just wanted to keep you guys posted on this...

Comment

Hi,
          Received letter from Parking Eye with pictures of my car entering and leaving car park (at Mcr Airport - as collecting work colleague from Netherlands who was staying there). I sat in my car all the time waiting, and apart from my car there was only 4 other cars in car park.
          Letter states over stayed allocated time even though how do they know I didn't purchase parking ticket and need to pay £100 reduced to £60. I have read a few articles about this company and also the interview with a legal solicitor which was aired on Watchdog stating that this company is not permitted for enforce payment and to ignore the letter.

I have since received another letter saying that the reduce fee has past and now required to pay £100 before legal action taken.

Should I pay this? I'm hearing differing responses on websites whether to pay or not. For just over 1hr waiting for colleague and sat in my car all the time (also to add the other cars in the car park were airport taxi's, some arrive before me and were still there when leaving - not one had ticket) this is excessive requirement for payment.

Comment

I received a email today from POPLA with a letter which states as below:

The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.

The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed.

The Assessor's reasons are as set out.

The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.

Reasons for the Assessor's Determination

It is the Appellant's case that the parking charge notice was issued incorrectly.

The operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal.

Assessor

------------

Should I consider this as the final judgement on this or should I wait for the ParkingEye to respond to this in any form?

Comment

Originally posted by softsword View Post
              I received a email today from POPLA with a letter which states as below:

The Appellant appealed against liability for the parking charge.

The Assessor has considered the evidence of both parties and has determined that the appeal be allowed.

The Assessor's reasons are as set out.

The Operator should now cancel the parking charge notice forthwith.

Reasons for the Assessor's Determination

It is the Appellant's case that the parking charge notice was issued incorrectly.

The operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal.

Assessor

------------

Should I consider this as the final judgement on this or should I wait for the ParkingEye to respond to this in any form?

Game over. You won.

M1

Comment

thanks a ton for your help in getting through this m1..
                you are the winner and I am the benefiter...:hail::third:

Comment

Hi everyone, firstly apologies if this isn't the correct thread to be posting in.

This might be a strange one...

I had an alert from my Experian account indicating that a CCJ had been begun against me from Northamptonshire County Court - I had absolutely no idea what this was for so called them and found out that it was for a parking fine that my Wife had incurred whilst at Burton Upon Trent Hospital....supposedly on a Saturday! At the time she was pregnant and was going back and forth to the hospital a lot, but we have receipts for every time she went and as is fairly obvious, hospitals are not open for anything other than emergency admittance on a Saturday.

The parking fine notice, Court papers etc. have never been sent to us as it seems they used an old address we used to live at (despite this being updated on the V5 of the car to our current address.) There is no way to talk to Parking Eye and all I can seemingly do is raise an appeal on their website to request information (I got the reference number from Northamptonshire Court) - I have raised this request for information 14 days ago and have received nothing back....I'm now getting worried as I don't want a CCJ on my record but also don't want to pay the £170 unless we are in the wrong.....which I don't believe we are.....but can't check because they haven't sent me any information! More to the point, I wouldn't even know how to pay the fine!!

Can anyone give me an idea of what the hell to do? I am really getting worried as I have no idea where to go now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ovr View Post
                    Hi everyone, firstly apologies if this isn't the correct thread to be posting in.

I had an alert from my Experian account indicating that a CCJ had been begun against me from Northamptonshire County Court - I had absolutely no idea what this was for so called them and found out that it was for a parking fine that my Wife had incurred whilst at Burton Upon Trent Hospital....supposedly on a Saturday! At the time she was pregnant and was going back and forth to the hospital a lot, but we have receipts for every time she went and as is fairly obvious, hospitals are not open for anything other than emergency admittance on a Saturday.

The parking fine notice, Court papers etc. have never been sent to us as it seems they used an old address we used to live at (despite this being updated on the V5 of the car to our current address.) There is no way to talk to Parking Eye and all I can seemingly do is raise an appeal on their website to request information (I got the reference number from Northamptonshire Court) - I have raised this request for information 14 days ago and have received nothing back....I'm now getting worried as I don't want a CCJ on my record but also don't want to pay the £170 unless we are in the wrong.....which I don't believe we are.....but can't check because they haven't sent me any information! More to the point, I wouldn't even know how to pay the fine!!

Can anyone give me an idea of what the hell to do? I am really getting worried as I have no idea where to go now.
                    Hi Ovr and a big fat welcome to LB

Don't worry, there are some absolute experts here on this very subject - but give it a little time as it's a weekend and a bank holiday too.

Also would suggest you start your own thread to avoid confusion

:tinysmile_kiss_t4: xx

Comment

Originally posted by Ovr View Post

Hiya,

Okay if Experian have record of the CCJ it sounds as though they have obtained a default judgment against you, by virtue of sending the paperwork to your old address and you not responding to the claim (because you didn't know about it). You have evidence the address was updated and the DVLA informed by way of the V5 document so I think you shouldn't have too much of an issue asking for the judgment to be set aside.

To enter a set aside application you need form N244 and have a look at the guidance here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...plicaton-notes

Once the Judgment is set aside you can then either defend it or negotiate a settlement with PE.

Hope that helps s a starting point,

Sharon
                      xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Sharon,

We believe (my wife telling me... ) we changed the address just after the supposed violation, meaning we may technically be in the wrong regarding address (at the time at least.) Would this pose an issue for the process you have recommended?

The frustrating thing is that I have absolutely no idea how to even ascertain if we are at fault! If we are I've got no problem paying, but I am nearly 100% sure that we have paid the correct amount every time we have visited the hospital - I have about 15 receipts as my wife was Pregnant at the time so we were travelling there regularly.

A massive thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Matt.

Comment

Several weeks ago I used my ex-wives car to take the kids on holiday in Cornwall. Just been informed by her that she paid a parking claim made by ParkingEye of £60. Sadly she has now received a further claim for £100 because they did not receive the first payment within the stipulated 14 days. The vehicle was parked for about an hour in a hotel car park in Newquay.
                          Can someone advise me what to do next?

Comment

Originally posted by OscarMutt View Post
                            Several weeks ago I used my ex-wives car to take the kids on holiday in Cornwall. Just been informed by her that she paid a parking claim made by ParkingEye of £60. Sadly she has now received a further claim for £100 because they did not receive the first payment within the stipulated 14 days. The vehicle was parked for about an hour in a hotel car park in Newquay.
                            Can someone advise me what to do next?

So what happened to the £60 ?

When is the appeal deadline ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                              So what happened to the £60 ?

When is the appeal deadline ?

M1
                              ParkingEye have cashed the cheque and I am trying to find out when the deadline is at the moment.
                              I should explain that I live in China so I don't have the documents to hand but should get the information shortly.

Thanks

Comment

I received a letter today from Parking Eye, for an event which happened on the 13th August, and they have issued it to me on the 19th, but I have only received it now.

As per usual, they have said I must pay £100, for parking at a hospital. However, I had parked in the disabled bay's, with my mother in law, who rightly has a Blue Badge issued by the council. I am pretty certain that she is allowed to use that badge for any place in the borough, especially when she was visiting her brother in Royal Free Hospital.

Now as I've just got the letter, I've read through everything and obviously have to make an appeal to ParkingEye first, however I'm not sure what to write, as they can easily just say "Prove that you were using a disabled badge" and even though I can show them in person or via a photo the disabled badge we were using, I don't think it will be adequate enough.

I wanted to ask M1 especially, as I've seen you are an excellent helper here, what shall I initially email Parking Eye and say?

It would be really appreciated if you could guide me through this particular issue, as we legitimately had parked there

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X