• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of County Court claim from legal recovery company for parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That should get things started. When you get the PCN post it up on here suitably redacted of identifying details but leave the dates.

Comment

Oops! sorry but should OP say who will be defending?

Comment

Whoops missed that. The email should come from the defendant otherwise they may just ignore.

Comment

(the xxxx are not kisses!)

Thank you both. In his name even if it's written on his behalf? They really can just ignore it?

EDIT: changed name and sent.
          Last edited by BabyDriver; 20th September 2018, 09:17:AM.

Comment

Thank you for previous advice. Photo here is the reply received today - nothing but what I posted a picture of last week was received on 18th September. Please could you advise me on how should I proceed?

Comment

I take it that none of the documents have been received and you have not received a Letter before Claim

Comment

Thank you for your reply. None of the requested documents have been received. I don't know about Letter before Claim, I only have what I photographed and sent earlier in the thread at #8.

Comment

The claim form will be from Northampton and will give details of the claim etc. It will have the court stamp on it. It's a scruffy piece of paper actually. They could be trying to frighten you by saying a claim has been raised but not actually raising one.

They are supposed to send a letter before claim frist and give you 30 days to respond before issuing a claim.

Comment

Thank you Ostell. They would actually do this?!! (pretend to have made a claim)
                    We have definitely not received anything from the court.
                    I will ring the court tomorrow and ask if there is a claim.
                    If there has been will the court send me a duplicate?
                    If there hasn't been a claim how should I proceed?

Comment

They could have raised a claim and not given your correct address so that they get a default judgement or, as I said, they are just trying to scare you.

If you have a claim number then please check with the court. If there's no claim then just ignore (but file) everything.

Comment

Don't go with the "on behalf of " route, The correspondence must be in the name of the person they are attempting to claim from, otherwise they may just ignore.

Comment

I have contacted the court and it is a genuine case.
                          What should I do now?
                          Claim form deemed served five days after 13th September but I haven't received anything from the court to date but I have now received an email with general links to forms in their reply to my enquiry about the genuineness of the case.
                          Also I still haven't received the evidence and documentation I requested from recovery company on 20/9/18
                          Last edited by BabyDriver; 1st October 2018, 13:30:PM.

Comment

Ask the court why you have not received the forms, especially the claim form

Comment

When I enquired today whether or not the case was genuine the court sent me the details of the claim by email, I assume that is me now served with the 'papers'? There is a link to forms on their email. I haven't looked but I assume a claim form will be amongst them.

Comment

This is of concern as you are required to acknowledge service within 14 days or leave yourself open to a default judgment. The standard forms are available on the courts website but the claim form is unique to you and I don't expect it to be possible to put it on a website.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X