• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN for residents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN for residents

Hi,I need some advice.Ive just recently returned home(I live in a small block of flats) to see outside our parking area are now London parking Solutions notices.I have lived here for nearly 7 years,my neighbor 30 years and have always parked outside our flat without any trouble.The land is privately owned but there’s always space to park and has never been a problem.Theres even a sign that says residents parking only!Today a parking warden cane round and took photos of all our cars so I take it I’m expecting a ticket.Have I got any legal ground in refusing to pay.We have not been given any notice that this was happening or offered a fee paying permit.When I was sold the flat I was given the impression parking was included but the lease holder who I’ve contacted has pretty much said it’s nothing to do with him and he’s not interested!The land could and is only used by the residents in the flat so all I can see this as is a money making scheme for the land owner.
    There is currently a few month wait on a permit to park in the next road so I have no idea where I’m meant to park,im
    a single parent do can’t afford parking fines.
    please can anyone help?
    Tags: None

Get out your lease and see what it says about parking, permits and having to pay. Do you actually have a parking space given in the lease? Also could you post up the signs please. If the signs just say resident's parking then you are are resident so you are complying with the signs.

If it's not the leasholder that contracted this parking compnay then who the heck was it?

Comment

Apparently the land is owned by the lease holder and belongs to someone else but the fact is it hasn’t been a problem parking here for the last 40 years and now suddenly is.There is nothing in my lease that states a parking space unfortunately.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Niknap85 View Post
          There is nothing in my lease that states a parking space unfortunately.

Which also means that there is nothing about residents permits and parking companies..

Comment

If that's the only sign then there should not be a problem as you are a resident and you are a resident. Thye haven't as yet put uo any other signs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X