• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye - Wrong Reg entered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye - Wrong Reg entered

Hi, I mistakenly entered an incorrect registration number, but had actually purchased parking which I've pointed out to Parking Eye when appealing their original fine. They've offered me to pay £20 to settle it within 14 days. I responded 2 days later saying that the incorrect registration does not in fact exist on DVLA database and I showed intent by purchasing a ticket. I don't think they've considered this correspondence before sending me another letter saying my appeal is unsuccessful; and the amount has gone back up to £60. Where to go from here please ? Any recommendations please?
    Tags: None

Sit on it and wait for court. You can probably persuade the court that the intention of the contract, to pay for parking, was successfully completed and the alleged breach caused by the error in their defective keyboards are minor. Also PE knew that the VRM entered was not in the car park and yet they still accepted the money, ie PE accepted variation of the contract at the time.

It will be awkward for them as they have already acknowledged that you actually paid.

The most it will cost you if you lose at court will be £175 if you lose. the standard amount claimed by PE.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X