• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met Parking Charge Notice stansted McDonalds/Starbucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met Parking Charge Notice stansted McDonalds/Starbucks

The Keeper of a vehicle has received the attached MET parking charge notice.. I am new to this and do not understand the legal terms but I know I have unfairly been penalised for this charge, it seems the driver parked in Southgate car park for about 15 mins went into mcdonalds and left. the Driver saw no signs to pay or no signs saying not for mcdonalds customers? I'm not entirely sure why driver has received this especially because the charge states the reason for the charge is because driver left Southgate car park without payment being made? but you don't need to pay and driver didn't leave Southgate park?

can someone please help me as driver needs to appeal this not even sure where to start other than the obvious that driver didn't leave the car park! they have photos of the driver getting out of my car and walking to the McDonalds. Date of contravention:08 Aug 2018 Date of issue of this notice: 04 Sep 2018

tried to attached the notice but it won't let me
    Last edited by Bella.woods; 12th September 2018, 08:36:AM.
    Tags: None

It's a docx file and we're not up to date enough to accept docx files properly yet... so have to save as word 2013 I think to get a .doc extension so it'll upload ( as an attachment not a photo ) . No matter for now - the link you've uploaded works fine ( though you didn't redact address so I've taken it down and reuploaded as a pic anyway) - and it's a nice bit of scenery you have posted anyway.

Is this the carpark that has mcdonalds and starbucks in ? one end is ONLY for starbucks customers and lots of people seem to get done for parking in that side of the car park to go in MCdonalds....

I'll move your thread to the parking forum for you Click image for larger version  Name:	noticeisa.png Views:	1 Size:	344.8 KB ID:	1423285
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much for doing this!! the driver parked in the Starbucks side I believe, they didn't visit Starbucks only mcdonalds, but they wouldn't have known if the driver visited starbucks anyway! initially the driver walked straight to mcdonalds and the pictures they have show this, although the driver did not see any clear signs stating not for mcdonalds customers the drive thru was so full the driver just drove straight through and parked instead

Comment

If you have a look on Google Maps streetview of the area there are, as I recall, signs as you go into the starbucks bit that say ' starbucks customers only' ... I think the two car parks ( starbucks one and mcdonalds one ) are managed by different companies. Have a look on here at other southgate park threads - and on google, shows there's a huge money spinning problem with this services area...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-11 15_27_11-Start.png
Views:	2
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1423297

incredibly unfair in my opinion but that doesn't help challenge the ticket ... someone clever will look in and give you a hand with that
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

ostell could you help me with this? I seen on other forums regarding the issue you can help into the legal bits. mcdonalds was full including drive thru which was why the driver parked in the Starbucks

Comment

First of all go through all your posts and edit them so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver ......" etc. Remember the keeper received the parking Charge Notice, the Driver drove into tnto the car park and parked. You never reveal who was driving. Read carefully.

When you've done that then send this to Met:

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the registered keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the warning to the keeper, contrary to section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me.

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

They may reject but with the rejection you will get a POPLA code. When you appeal to POPLA with a POFA failure then your POPLA appeal will be accepted.

Comment

The photo's on these,
              initially the driver walked straight to mcdonalds and the pictures they have show this
              show the driver leaving the car and going to McDonald's ? ( does that affect identifying driver stuff Ostell ? )

#staysafestayhome

Comment

No, how can they identify the driver from a photograph?

But those posts MUST be edited.

Comment

all done xxx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Not quite. First word first post. "The keeper has...." sorry for being pedantic

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help, I have changed the first work in first paragraph to 'The Driver' I will send the message you wrote in my appeal today and will let you know what happens!

Kindest regards

Comment

ostell They may reject but with the rejection you will get a POPLA code. When you appeal to POPLA with a POFA failure then your POPLA appeal will be accepted- so when/of they reject do I send the same appeal message to POPLA to show there has been a POFA failure?

Comment

The KEEPER received the PCN. How can it be anything else?

Yes, you appeal with the same POFA failure

Comment

changed it back again, in any event the poster is the keeper so leaving it as I shouldn't be an issue as it matters not if the keeper is identified ~( as its going to be the keeper who received the documents anyway) only the driver identity needs to be private.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

The important bit is not to drop hints about the identity of the driver.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X