• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ANPR PCN Smartparking. NTK received after 17 days.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANPR PCN Smartparking. NTK received after 17 days.

Hi Hive mind.
    Smart parking anpr pcn ntk received after 14 days. Went into car park saw the charges looked for change which I didn’t have then left car park. Total stay 11 mins 10 secs. After a fair bit of reading have cobbled together an appeal response. Does some one mind giving quick feedback on it please.

Dear Sirs,

I am writing as the registered keeper of vehicle ****** to appeal Parking Charge Notice *********( dated **********

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. I was not the driver of the vehicle at the time and date of the alleged overstay. I note the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 section 9 states that for keeper liabilty to apply the keeper must receive a notice to keeper within 14 days. The date of the incident was 25/06/2018 and your notice to keeper is dated 13/07/2018 and delivered three days later. According to my calendar the notice to keeper should have arrived no later than 09/07/2018.

As you can see from the photos (fig 1 and 2), taken by the ANPR, the vehicle entered the car park at ****** and left the car park at ******** Paragraph 13 of the BPA CoP clearly outlines the expectations of Smart Parking in this respect. The vehicle was in the car park for 11 minutes 10 seconds. The grace period of 10 minutes is a minimum and trying to charge £60 for one minute 10 seconds is extortion.

13 Grace periods
    13.1 Your approach to parking management must allow a
    driver who enters your car park but decides not to park,
    to leave the car park within a reasonable period without
    having their vehicle issued with a parking charge notice.
    13.2 You should allow the driver a reasonable ‘grace period’
    in which to decide if they are going to stay or go. If the
    driver is on your land without permission you should still
    allow them a grace period to read your signs and leave
    before you take enforcement action.
    13.3 You should be prepared to tell us the specific grace period
    at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is.
    13.4 You should allow the driver a reasonable period to leave the
    private car park after the parking contract has ended, before
    you take enforcement action. If the location is one where
    parking is normally permitted, the Grace Period at the beginning and end
    of the parking period should be a minimum of 10 minutes.

I find that the above stated PCN is defective, insomuch as it is not fully compliant with the guidelines set out in POFA, including, but not limited to, POFA 2012 Section 9, Sub-Section 2, therefore no liability can be transferred from the driver to the keeper and I demand that the PCN be cancelled. I add that I, as the registered keeper, do not expect to hear from Smart Parking again regarding this matter, except for confirmation that there will be no further action and that my personal details as the keeper of the vehicle will be removed from your records, as there is no liability.

Should this cancellation be refused, I will require a POPLA code from yourselves to further appeal your illegitimate claim.
    Tags: None

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver ....." etc.

If this was a NTK received after 14 days then perhaps:

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the registered keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the prescribed relevant period of 14 days, contrary to section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me.

There is no legal requirement to identify the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

Comment

A follow up to the original. I used the template very kindly provided by Ostell. I added the infringement dates and waited. There was no initial response to the appeal so emailed and received a generic response stating we have 35 days to reply. In the post today was a letter cancelling PCN. thank you hive mind. My partner is in finance so was getting concerned and almost paid it!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X