• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN

Hi, I have received a PCN from Premier Park for parking in Exeter Road Car Park in Braunton, Devon.

I entered the car park at 20.41 and it was nearly dark.
    I did not realise that payment was required at this time as the notices were not clear or lit up!

The fine is £60 if paid by 14 days from issue date or £100 afterwards - it is now after the 14 days.

I have googled around and this car park seems to have a history of this issue.

From what I have read, Premier Park provides images in daylight or with a strong flash to 'prove' that they have enough lighting.

I cannot provide this evidence, but even in the images that they have provided on the PCN form shows how dark it is.

Could you provide me with any advice for a potential defence.

I have appealed to Premier Park but it had been turned down. I can go to POPLA but have not done this yet. The charge has gone up to £100 and was hey say will go up again!

Any advice is appreciated.
    Tags: None

Your appeal to POLA will be that the signs were unclear and unlite and therefore could not create a contract. You also ask for a copy of their cotract with the landowner to be produced to show they have the right to issue charges.

It might help to see the PCN

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X