• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council PCN

Hi, new to this forum and looking for some assistance please.
    I have been issued a council PCN for failure to display a valid ticket. I now also have an overdue Notice to owner/representation to council.
    I did obtain what I thought was a valid ticket. I approached machine and keyed in my reg no as usual. no ticket dropped down(no money inserted, as free stay for two hours). I attempted both a second and third time. As no ticket dropped I turned to go use other machine when I heard a ticket drop. I retrieved the ticket and displayed in window of my car. On returning 40 mins later car parking attendents were still in car park and i found PCN on my window. I approached them to query as I thought I had a valid ticket .
    Apparently there were only first three digits of my registration no on the ticket!
    I was informed I was at fault as incomplete reg no and it was my responsibility to check it before placing it in my car.(having checked it on the screen I didnt then check the ticket, however unsure if I checked the third time i keyed in the number.
    I wrote an informal letter to the council explaining I had legitimately followed all the processes, the car park was half empty and it was a free two hour stay. Obtained ticket around 4pm was out about 4.40pm and car park free the remainder of the evening after 5.30 pm .
    This was to no avail and council stated they had investigated and I was at fault.
    My notice to owner was sent and representation now late so expect a further fine any day now.
    Please could anyone be of assistance.
    Thank you Jamf27

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X