• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

APCOA ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APCOA ticket

Hi,

I returned to my car as the owner to find a nice PCN from APCOA, the ticket is shown below. I have noticed that they have not correctly written down my registration number and the point of which my car was observed was of that before the car had arrived. The driver has parked here for 6 months with no issues and only now receive a ticket.

The ticket advises It's due to parking in a non-parking area (and not for the ticket which is dated Dec 2017 - no mention). Basically, there are super wide and low laying curbs (could be mistaken for ad-hoc parking spaces) - screen shot below too (i've placed a white box as to where the car was parked, these strips are regularly parked on).

What angle should I approach this? Hope that DVLA can't find my details due to not copying down my reg number? etc

Cheers in advance

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	1408894Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	1408895Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled design-6.jpg Views:	3 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	1408897
    Attached Files
    Front of ticket Back of ticket Area where car was parked and ticketed
    Last edited by Fackers; 13th June 2018, 08:04:AM.
    Tags: None

First you need to edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver......" etc.

Comment

You can appeal as the keeper so that the appeal arrives at about day 26. Just mention the notice number not the VRM. Appeal about the unclear signage, lack of authority, anything.

They will no doubt respond rejecting your appeal and then fail to end a NTK, or they will send a NTK but not contact the DVLA to get the keeper details (which will be difficult). Either will be a POFA fail and hence no keeper liability. If its the first option they take then continue the arguments past day 28 so that they time out and it's too late to send a valid NTK.

If they do manage to sort it out then one of the requirements for POFA compliance is that the details on the Notice to Driver and the Notice to Keeper have to be the same. Send an email to the DVLA asking who requested details of your car and when. It's free.

They will have taken a photo of the car so will have a correct VRM to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        You can appeal as the keeper so that the appeal arrives at about day 26. Just mention the notice number not the VRM. Appeal about the unclear signage, lack of authority, anything.

They will no doubt respond rejecting your appeal and then fail to end a NTK, or they will send a NTK but not contact the DVLA to get the keeper details (which will be difficult). Either will be a POFA fail and hence no keeper liability. If its the first option they take then continue the arguments past day 28 so that they time out and it's too late to send a valid NTK.

If they do manage to sort it out then one of the requirements for POFA compliance is that the details on the Notice to Driver and the Notice to Keeper have to be the same. Send an email to the DVLA asking who requested details of your car and when. It's free.

They will have taken a photo of the car so will have a correct VRM to work with.

Should I be actioning this first then or wait for them to send me a letter (is this the NTK?). Also to whom should I appeal to initially, them?

Comment

You should action this with the timing indicated. The next contact should be a notice to keeper, hopefully with an incorrect VRM

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X