• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from Civil Enforcement Limited when pay and dipaly ticket bought and displayed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from Civil Enforcement Limited when pay and dipaly ticket bought and displayed.

We parked in High Wycombe Lido last Sunday and paid for 4 hrs stay. We only stayed for 2hrs and 5 minutes on the 03/06/2016. This was a pay and display parking ticket. We displayed the ticket.

Now we have a vauge letter requesting £60 within 14 days and £100 within 28 days, for 'Payment not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage'. We've had problems at this car park before, so ensured we parked within the bays and did not overstay. So it is unclear what the notice is for.

Given this is a pay and display car park, their evidence appears to be me driving in (front of car view) and out (rear car view). So I am confused and soooooo p*ssed off with these cowboy jokers.

The issue is the car was cleaned and we no longer have a copy of the ticket. They also threaten failure to pay will lead to the account being forwarded to a debt recovery agency and the risk of additional charges.

Going on line Civil Enforcement are simply modem day crooks, hiding behind a legitimate looking car park service, but I need help to understand what to do.
    Tags: None

Let's see the letter, with identifying details redacted. A rather vague reason for issuing.

Personally I always make sure I keep any tickets for a couple of months at least.

Comment

Thanks for showing interest. Attached is the letter. By luck we still have the original parking ticket too. Car can scan this if you require
      Attached Files

Comment

Re-uploaded clearer version
        Attached Files

Comment

There is nothing in that letter that you posted that showed any keeper liability. Could you post up the full page and the back of the page.

The original paid ticket should settle it.

Comment

Rear page of letter
            Attached Files

Comment

Ticket attached. FYI - Bought ticket 4 minutes after arriving and left 1hr59m before 15.45 expiry.
              Attached Files

Comment

OK, they have mentioned POFA and its requirements but in a very confusing and sneaky way. However, now that you have that ticket a very strongly worded BOGOFF letter would be in order.

I am the registered keeper of vehicle xxxxx and have received your parking charge notice xxxxx.

I attach a copy of the ticket that was paid for and displayed at the time. This shows that the issue of the Parking Charge Notice was entirely without merit. I demand that you now apologise for the distress that your unfounded letter has caused. You also expect you to confirm that there will be no further action taken on this matter and my details have been removed from your records.

If you continue to cause distress and harassment I will consider taking action against you under GDPR for the misuse of my personal data when you had no reasonable reason for requesting that data from the DVLA.

Comment

Thanks - I'll follow you instructions. Reading about Civil Enforcement, I assume they will ignore the letter, which will mean the next step will be to proceed to a POPLA appeal.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X