• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - reasons for appeal ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - reasons for appeal ?

Today, I was issued a PCN for parking in a taxi rank

I understand this is an automatic offence, which explains why the person observed it for just 1 minute.

I feel I have an honest "excuse" for parking there but thats not the purpose of this thread.

I am going to challenge the PCN as I don't believe it has been legally issued - and if it did go to court, I believe it could result in millions being refunded to motorists.

1) The text printed by the hand held machine is so small as to make it extremely difficult for a person with average eyesight to read and virtually impossible for anyone visually impaired.

2) The amount due on the PCN is not legal.

I have included some pics which show the ticket.

WHY pre-print the ticket at one size but the important part is printed much smaller and in a type/font which is hard to read?

The GBP symbol is unreadable as a "£" sign and I believe makes the ticket invalid - do they want 70 potatoes, 70 fish or what? It is certainly not a "£" sign I recognise and I feel could be easily challenged in a senior court (no, I dont want the cost of doing so).

All of the "g, j, p, q, y,z" letters are shown above the text line yet this "odd" symbol is above and below.

What are YOUR thoughts?

Tags: None

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think the council (or even an adjudicator) would cancel on those arguements.

Of course you can make an informal appeal, but I wouldn't risk the ddiscount once that is rejected.

Comment

I would hope you see sense and pay this at the reduced rate rather than let it go on. Ignore it long enough and it could escalate to approx £500 if Bailiffs get involved.

Comment

2 replies on a Sunday - not bad - shows the forum is alive lol

Either of the 2 respondents legally qualified or just sharing opinions?

Not being rude to either but important to establish the credentials on the info provided.

Forum is called LEGALbeagles after all - otherwise just call it LetsChatLegalStuff.info

Comment

From the home page:
          "Founded in May 2007, the LegalBeagles community is made up of dedicated & enthusiastic individuals"

and FWIW I endorse the comments above.
          You ain't got a snowballs chance in hell of successfully fighting this

Try Pepipoo for alternative advice

Comment

Originally posted by somerset-uk View Post
            Either of the 2 respondents legally qualified ?
            Of course not. You asked 'What are your thoughts?' and that's what you got. This is the internet, it doesn't come with guarantees

If you want legally qualified advice I suggest you consult a solicitor who will be happy to charge £150 ph for what will just be another opinion, which may or may not be the answer you're looking for.

Comment

Points taken guys lol.

Have challenged the PCN so we will see.

TBH I think it will just get cancelled without an explanation as they wont want the hassle (time taken).

IIRC around 35% of PCNs are cancelled by Somerset County Council annually.

Would be nice to avoid the fine but I do believe they need to address the 2 issues.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X