• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPS / BW Legal - Letter of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS / BW Legal - Letter of Claim

Hello Legal Beagles,

My first post here, so please bear with me, but this is outrageous!

Before I get started I would like to thank various members here and on MSE for their brilliant ideas and in some cases brilliant wording which I may have borrowed or adapted (too many posters to name you all)!
    ------------------------------------------------

In summary:

I am the registered keeper of a car that was parked within a private carpark back in October 2017.

PPS use ANPR and VRN details at this particular carpark to pursue non-compliant motorists / vehicle keepers.

The VRN details on this occasion were entered incorrectly in that only the last three letters where punched into the ticket machine and also there was a minor overstay.

As the keeper I received a postal Notice to Keeper, followed by a failed appeal, followed by various threatening letters, followed now by this Letter of Claim (LoC). I have not admitted driver liability and it wasn’t me driving!

I have drafted a response outlining all the legal arguments and issues that I have with the charge, but there are a couple of questions which I could really do with some Legal Beagle help on…:

Should I limit my response to this Letter of Claim to purely asking for the missing / required information, or should I go all-out and “give them both barrels” as per my extensive ramblings covering every legal argument?

The driver of the vehicle at the time was of British / Asian nationality and whilst the driver can speak reasonable English and understand UK highways road signs, it would take serval hours to read, translate and fully understand the complicated signage at the location – would this be a relevant defense (no contract) and should I include it within the response to this LoC?

Lastly, should I fill in the Reply Form (enclosed with the LoC)?

Any advice, pointers or corrections would be most welcome, as this is driving me insane.

Thank you

Defendant A

Attached Files
    Last edited by Defendant A; 22nd May 2018, 19:43:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X