• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private Parking Charge Notice - on my pub's delivery drop!?! HUGE huge mess, plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Parking Charge Notice - on my pub's delivery drop!?! HUGE huge mess, plz help

Hi everybody, crazy scenario here and I've looked everywhere for help but my scenario seems different to anything I've read before! (yeah yeah, but doesn't everyones? lool!)

I've received 4 parking charge notices now for parking on a bit of private land next to the pub that I work at. However, the cellar drop where you throw the seriously heavy beer casks down is on this land, and the best way to get to it with all that stock is to park right next to it/over it. I don't have a parking permit as I only load there, but I couldn't see if there was any loading restrictions on the signs that are on the land. The signs are really high up and you can't read them unless you use your phone to zoom in, and even then it's blurry - you can't read the signage on the case photos that went along with my first letter I got from the parking company. I now know that the signs do not say anything about loading restrictions, only that you need to have a permit to park.

I've read lots of forums that tell me to ignore the scary looking letters that have come through the door but now I've got a court claim for over £230, and that's only for 1 of the PCNs.

I've got an email from the owner of the pub saying as he is the tenant he gives permission for me to load on the premises but when I sent this through the appeals online it was dismissed. I'm now trying to ring the owners of the flats upstairs to see who actually owns the land and if they can help to cancel the parking tickets for me.

What makes this even worse is that I am not the registered keeper of the car, only the driver, and so the keeper is getting a lot of threatening letters and now this claim form when it wasn't even the keeper that was driving. Oh god, could this be any worse?

Any help or advice and I would seriously appreciate it. I know that everyone thinks that their problem is unique but I genuinely have no idea how to approach this from the forums that I have read so far! Thanks so much in advance!
    Tags: None

Just as a side note - the case photos quite cleverly cover the open cellar drop and it genuinely looks like my car is just parked there. I have delivery receipts that can be proof if I need them

Comment

So find out who actually owns the land. As the cellar is in that area then surely the pub own the land? If you can't read the signs then there can be no contract to breach. What do the signs actually say (borrow some binoculars). You are not parking, you are loading/unloading. Sounds like self ticketing.

Post up an image of the PCN with identifying details removed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X