• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flowers Way, Luton Car Park - Smart Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers Way, Luton Car Park - Smart Parking

I could do with some advice.

We parked at Flower's Way car park on a night out. The ticket machine was not working so my husband looked for another machine with no avail. It was around 1 am so quite dark. However he is convinced there was no other machine. He took a photo of the machine which read 'Not in use,'

Unfortunately he received a PCN. We appealed but they responded saying there were two other machines and that we have exhausted their appeals procedure. We looked on Google Earth. Couldn't see anything on that too. I have called Smart Parking asking if they could provide evidence of the other two machines. They said they can't. Not sure if it's can't, or won't. Not even location codes.

We can't physically check if there are other machines as we are not local to Luton.

I have appealed to POPLA and their response after checking with Smart Parking seems like a standard letter. In fact one paragraph was repeated about 6 times. Also, they seem to be taking Smart Parking's word that there are two other machines and say that we should have entered our registration number. Impossible as the machine wasn't working.

Ideally we need to prove there were no other machines, but I feel the onus lies with Smart Parking to confirm that there were. I have contacted CAB and they have said that Smart Parking should indeed prove there were other machines. Not sure what to do next really.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Do nothing but wait for Smart Parkings next move.

Did you identify the driver at any time?

Comment

We got a PCN in much the same way at Flowers Car Park, the machine was not working and their was photographic evidence of that, and when the letter came through we appealed. It was rejected saying that there were 3 parking meters and we should have paid at the other ones. The car park that was parked in has one meter and not three as claimed ( we went to have a look)

So here's the thing - there are seemingly 2 car parks as there are 2 completely separate entrances - one on Park Street West and one on Flowers Way. There are separated by a retaining wall and high fencing, as such on different levels - so it is not obvious to anyone that they are the same car park as you cannot drive between the two - you have to physically drive round. There are no signs on the meters telling you tickets are valid in both.

Essentially this car park is on wasteland and SMART parking have not bothered to make it into a proper car park. One car park has tarmac and the other gravel. You can look on google earth for a better view.

We are appealing to POPLA on the grounds above and will let you know how we get on. I hope this helps.

Comment

So Numpty edit your post so that the driver identity cannot be inferred.

Comment

lol, thought you were just being rude then Ostell till I realised Numpty is the OP's user name. I'll edit the post xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Would I do that ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X