• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET ppc Gatwick McDonald’s not validating ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET ppc Gatwick McDonald’s not validating ticket

I received a letter through the post about a so call parking charge notice which is 50£ if paid within 14 days 100£ after that here’s a copy of the letter revived , advice on what I should do ? I really can’t beileve that they can try and charge someone who didn’t stay over the free parking limit
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Can repost pictures of the letter if anyone needs just realised the poor quailty of them

Comment

Important! Edit that first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver......." ettc

Readable enough to show that there can be no keeper liability
      A simple BOGOFF letter

Dear Sirs,

I am the keeper of vehicle xxxxx and am in receipt of your charge notice xxxxx

Your notice fails to comply with the requirements of the Schedule 4 of The protection of Freedoms Act 2012, namely, but not limited to, not including the statements required by section 9 (2) of the Act and not delivering the notice within the relevant period. I, as the keeper, can not therefore be held liable for the alleged contravention by the driver. I have no legal obligation to identify the driver and will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again other than to confirm that there will be no further action taken against me.

Comment

Thank you ostell I will go online and and submit the appeal as keeper of the vehicle

Comment

And edit that first post so that the driver can't be inferred !!!!!! The parking companies read these forums and have been known to print them off when the take the driver to court. If you don't you could be snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Comment

edited xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

What is 'failure to validate stay' meant to mean - do the signs say you have do validate your stay in the carpark - give mcdonald's your reg number or something ? It doesn't say anything about leaving the premises or staying over time etc.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Is this the parking sign ? can't see anything about Validating ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for editing the post as I did not know how yeah that is the sign I don’t live anywhere near the McDonald’s in calling anymore so can’t easily go back and see the signs , I was wondering if they were just trying it on or something

Comment

Do you have any idea whether the Driver would have purchased anything in McDonalds at the time ?

Also is the photo of the vehicle leaving the car park or parked up ? ( can't really make it out )
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Apologised for the late reply been really busy got stuff going on atm , yes I am awear that the driver did purchase food at the restaurant , however they paid with cash and as this so charge notice is for back in January I highly doubt the driver will still have the recpiet I had a reply from MET yesterday there reply is this

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30345.png
Views:	1
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	1399440
                        Last edited by Kati; 10th April 2018, 20:13:PM. Reason: redacting image xx

Comment

Make your appeal to POPLA
                          First item is failure to deliver within 14 days
                          Second is that the alleged transgression of failing to register in store is not one of the conditions on the sign.

Comment

Okay thank you so I need to dress it up and make it look fancy or just make it short ??

Comment

The Appeal to POPLA ??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X