• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Services Ltd parking fine in McDonalds - Now DRP letter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Services Ltd parking fine in McDonalds - Now DRP letter.

Good afternoon.

I'm hoping for some advice other, I know there are other threads regarding this but I am never sure if the advice is still current.

Three of our company vans received parking fines from MET after they overstayed by 10 minutes in a McDonald's restaurant.
    I have ignored the MET letters demanding payment but this morning received three letters from DRP furthering the demands.

Should I still just keep ignoring them?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Isitjustme; 22nd March 2018, 13:07:PM. Reason: MET, DRP
    Tags: None

DRP are always ignored. 10 minutes is the BPA grace time to leave. However, post up on of the PCNs, suitable redacted but leave dates and see if they got it right.

It's NOT a fine, it's an invoice for allegedly breaking one of the conditions of the parking contract. Do not name the driver at any time.

Comment

Hi Ostell and thanks for the reply.
      This is one of the original PCN's which we received through the post.

So just ignore??

asd (Medium).pdf ​​​​​​​

Comment

OK, from what I can see it doesn't quite comply with POFA but you didn't leave the dates in. The period between the cameras is not parking, the vehicle was moving and not parked. Is the period of stay the time between the cameras? The notice is required to have Period of Parking stated.

There is no creditor specified, unless it's on the reverse, and some of the statements that must be there are not included. 9 (2) (e) is not there as it should be Here's POFA for you to look at. Look at paragraph 9. They are nearly there but nearly is not good enough.

Comment

Hi Ostell. Thanks for the reply. Am I okay to ignore this then?

Comment

Not advisable to ignore but please give can you give me the dates on the NTK

Comment

Hi whats the NTK?

Comment

"Notice to Keeper" ( think it's the original letter you got from them)

What are the dates and times on the entrance and exit photos ? ( you mentioned overstay by 10 minutes - that should be the leaway amount - so it makes a difference if it's actually 9 minutes or 11 minutes )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi. Amethyst, I just checked and it was actually 31 minutes over

Ostell has advised that I send a BOGOFF letter. I have searched and come up with this, I have changed it to show three tickets, is it okay?

I have three tickets for different vans

Sirs, I am the keeper of vehicles xxxxx, xxxxxx and xxxxxx and have received your Parking Charge Notices xxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx

I note that the statements required by Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 are not present in this letter and I, as the keeper, can therefore not be held liable for the actions of the driver at the time. I have, as requested, passed on this notice to the driver but as there is no legal requirement to identify the driver I will not be doing so. I will rely on the driver to contact you separately.

I do not expect to hear from you again on this matter other than to confirm that no further action will be taken against me..

Comment

I would send it as 3 separate letters, and free proof of postage for each one. It's simply for reasons of money. If they think they have 3 claims against one person they are more likely to reject and go on to court as this wold be more profitable.

Comment

Hi Ostell.

So do I just type this up without any more info that this and send it?
                      Or do I need to add my address name etc,?

Sirs, I am the keeper of vehicle xxxxxx and have received your Parking Charge Notice xxxxx,

I note that the statements required by Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 are not present in this letter and I, as the keeper, can therefore not be held liable for the actions of the driver at the time. I have, as requested, passed on this notice to the driver but as there is no legal requirement to identify the driver I will not be doing so. I will rely on the driver to contact you separately.

I do not expect to hear from you again on this matter other than to confirm that no further action will be taken against me..

Comment

Add in "... required by paragraph 9 of the Schedule 4...." just to know that you are not ignorant about this.

Comment

Good morning.

After sending my "BOGOFF" letter I received this for each vehicle.

Can you advise please?
                          Attached Files

Comment

DRP, they can do nothing., ignore. You might get another couple from DRP then Zenith (the next desk in the DRP office) then another from DRP using a Gladstones Solicitors letterhead requesting that you pay DRP.

Come back when you get a genuine letter before claim

Comment

Thanks Ostell

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X