• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Southgate Park - Stansted McDonalds / Starbucks Car Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southgate Park - Stansted McDonalds / Starbucks Car Park

Good evening,

Today this driver received from MET a parking charge because "was observed parked in an apparent breach of the terms and conditions displayed on signs" and " Left the premises (SPC)", from what its possible to understand the Mcdonalds have a park and the Starbucks have another, in the beginning the driver want to go to the McDonalds Drive through but, changed ideas and parked the car and walk to the Mcdonald's to Drink a coffee,were just there 40 minutes, the sighs are very small there and not very explicit.
    Shouldn't be legal when the information about the park it's almost a A4 paper size and far away from the driver sight.
    So many cases online of persons cheated in that Car park in Stansted, amazing.
    The Driver just received this letter, no ticket was displayed in the windscreen in the day.
    Thanks
    the driver spend just 40 minutes there.
    Last edited by Barreiro; 9th March 2018, 20:29:PM.
    Tags: None

IMPORTANT edit the first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "The driver....."etc. The parking companies do trawl through the forums and use what they find in court.

If there was no notice on the windscreen then the notice has to be received within 14 days to hold the keeper liable. Please ask the driver, who you will not be identifying) if there was a windscreen ticket. Post up the back of the NTK as well as there are POFA items missing from the front.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      IMPORTANT edit the first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "The driver....."etc. The parking companies do trawl through the forums and use what they find in court.

If there was no notice on the windscreen then the notice has to be received within 14 days to hold the keeper liable. Please ask the driver, who you will not be identifying) if there was a windscreen ticket. Post up the back of the NTK as well as there are POFA items missing from the front.
      Done, thanks.

Comment

Good evening Guys,

Today received the POPLA number from MET, but In the letter its saying that McDonald its not in Southgate Park and that there is no free parking for McDonald's in Standsted Airport, I never saw a McDonald where i need to pay parking , this one is the first?

They say " The car park is for the use of Southgate Park customers while they are on the premises only", so where were I, In Disneyland !!!!

My God this situation is so absurd!!

Regards

Comment

No matter, I've just noticed. Edit post 1 so that the keeper received the notice in the post.

So first thing in the POPLA appeal is that the NTK is not delivered within the relec14 days, contrary to Schedule 4 of the Protections of Freedoms Act 2012 section 9 (4) and 9 (2) (f) is missing in its entirety. Therefore there can be no keeper liability.

I'll let you look through for other inconsistencies.

So what are they changing things to now? Are they accusing you of something else? Why did the attendant not attempt to reducer their loss by telling you not to leave the premises?

Comment

You parked at Starbucks and walked over to McDOnalds ?( think that's what you're saying in the first post ) - if so I can see how that happened as the DRive Thru for McDOnalds is past the McDOnalds parking and at the entrance to the Starbucks carpark, so if you head to the drive thru of mcdonalds and change your mind there's no way to go back without driving round starbucks carpark or reversing ( I'd park there and walk back to mcD's too tbh ).

The signs don't specify Starbucks ( IN the starbucks carpark) except for the main sign at the entrance, the rest seem to say Southgate Park only. So if the terms only say Southgate park - and the charge is for southgate park - you were in southgate park ( so really they need to evidence that McDonalds is not in Southgate park )

Yip, I'd be exceedingly annoyed as well.

Red= entrance to car park
            Yellow other signs.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	carparking.png Views:	1 Size:	505.7 KB ID:	1397080

Then close ups ( not readable on google maps )

In Starbucks car park
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-24 07_28_52-Start.png Views:	1 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	1397079

In Starbucks carpark
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-24 07_29_54-Start.png Views:	1 Size:	341.4 KB ID:	1397078

Entrance to McD's. ( Starbucks one is the same just says Starbucks)
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-24 07_34_06-Start.png Views:	1 Size:	172.4 KB ID:	1397082
            In McDOnalds carpark ( difference company? )
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-03-24 07_35_30-Start.png Views:	1 Size:	142.7 KB ID:	1397081

Sooooo according to all that - the yellow box is SOUTHGATE PARK and the red is just McDonalds.... I bet McDonalds address is Southgate PArk though. ( McDOnalds, Southgate Stansted Airport, ESSEX CM24 1PY ) ( Starbucks, London Stansted Airport, Southgate Rd, Bishop's Stortford CM24 1PY) Ahhh I guess its called Southgate park on the signs cause there is a kebab shop place in the carpark too.... in whichcase the Starbucks only sign is wrong. lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	southgatepark.png Views:	1 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	1397083
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I to have recently recived two notices both issued a month after the so called offence. For breech and leavi g my car.
              so today i went back to check the signage
              1.entrace signage implys the whole estate is the same park.
              2. Mac donalds signage states clearly mac donlads customers only within its leased parking areas and the signage has a red baxk ground.
              3. Signage else where makes no mention of contractual breech if you leave your car. Parking for 1st hour is free otherwise you need to pay via your mobile.
              4. Signage within starbucks park does not state starbucks customers only.
              5. The cctv signage while small. Does not fully comply with acops or the data protection act in so much as size and clear contact details, which is only in small print Couldnt red as wasnt wearing my glasses.
              6 there is no boundry signage to indicate a change of contractual terms. Ie between mac donalds or starbucks or for that matter anywhere else on the site. Except at each location which you have to enter before you can read. Tech you have entred the contract on arrival so could fall under unfair contract act.
              7. As this is a breech of contract and not enforcable parking charges. should dvla be providing your details. As the parking company are not an law inforcing agency under the new rules or even under the old rules of data protection
              8 in my case both PCN state left the car park when both starbucks and mac donalds are within the parking area and within the whole estate. There makes no mentiin of time of arrival or leaving. And left within the free hout allowed.
              advice please

Comment

Please start a seperate thread with your problem so that there is no confusion between the cases. And don't infer who the driver was. re item 7 It is a charge that you agree to by breaching the terms and conditions. The charge notice is an invoice for that charge and they can contact DVLA. If the notices were received outside of 14 days they cannot pursue the keeper for the charge. as they do not know the driver then they are up the proverbial creek.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X