• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming parking charge notices after 14 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming parking charge notices after 14 days

Can companies successfully take you to court for parking charge notices that they claimed for 6 months after they took place?
    The protection of Freedoms Act states they must be within 14 days.

I used to park on Asda in Walsall after a staff member told me that the cameras were out of order and so was the ticket machine. The ticket machine remained covered so I occasionally parked there. This was may 2017 and in November 2017 I received 7 parking charge notices.
    I have appealed unsuccessfully and was too late to appeal through Popla. They have now passed these to a debt recovery agency with the threat of court and ccjs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Tags: None

For a start edit your post so that the identity of the drivier cannot be inferred. Use "The driver........" etc

Yes POFA states that the Notice to keeper must be received within 14 days if there is no windscreen ticket. Which Parking company?

If the Notice to Keepers that you have received are basically the same can you post one up please. Redact identifying details but leave the dates.

Most times you can just ignore the debt recovery companies like DRP.

Comment

Seems I am unable to attach files or edit. The company is Parking Eye and the fine was actually issued on 29.09.17 for an incident that occurred on 03.05.17. Should the driver respond to the correspondence from Equita Ltd who are trying to recover a debt? Any other advice on how the driver should proceed? Many thanks

Comment

Are Equita acting as debt collectors or bailiffs

Comment

The driver does nothing, you are the keeper of the vehicle and the keeper does the appealing. Edit the first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use " The Driver......" etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X